Post IAE damage assessment survey and survivor trauma recovery peer group

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
(He's probably gunna make me pay by killing my char in DnD and making me re-roll . . .again. 🤣
That might be a rather steep price to pay for a few bucks to save you with an LTI token. Especially if he's patient & has you wait until right after you've scored something wonderful and then you accidentally drink the last beer in celebration. Oops, but things like that happen periodically in D&D.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That might be a rather steep price to pay for a few bucks to save you with an LTI token. Especially if he's patient & has you wait until right after you've scored something wonderful and then you accidentally drink the last beer in celebration. Oops, but things like that happen periodically in D&D.
Hmmmmm, he IS conniving like that. I'll be on the lookout, haha.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
I feel better by thinking how long it would have taken to grind it out in-game vs. the time worked at my job to pay for it.

Except for rovers and bikes, anyway.
Plus the benefit of being able to do the things you want to do in-game on day one instead of grubbing around in the moon dust like a filthy pleb!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Plus the benefit of being able to do the things you want to do in-game on day one instead of grubbing around in the moon dust like a filthy pleb!
My 1st few months after launch, I plan on busting my space butt to rack up all the creds I can while the majority of players are working their way up from the starting areas. Then alternating between my main account doing advance things in the Verse & my alt account running around the starting zones helping train new players on how to perform different tasks to help them figure out what sorts of activities they like to discover their own course. The only thing that I plan on "charging" them is that should they find another friendly player in the future that is struggling with something they know how to do, to help them out as best they can in a pay it forward sort of campaign. All in the name of making the Verse as great of a place to be as possible.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I guess going away for thanksgiving was a blessing as I ended up surprising not purchasing anything. Must say the Odyssey was very tempting but then I slept on it and realized I had a Carrack and Orion and so have no need at the moment for an Odyssey. And if I did then I'll just take, I mean borrow it from one of you drunken lot.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Spent $700 in new cash. Still have $800 store credit left over. Waiting to hear back from DirectorGunner about an LTI token, before I add a Prowler, Ion and Inferno to this list. I love CCU chains and I'm extremely happy with how many ships I got, for money spent.

(I know I didn't do as well as I could have, but I really tried to limit the amount of new cash and used some old Warbond CCU's from previous sales before I knew how to optimize.)

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 12.22.20 PM.png

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Hey, kids love cardboard boxes. Not even lying.
Theres a movie where the couple adopt children (i think Mark Walberg plays in it) - they bought them all these expensive gifts, but they end up playing in the cardboard boxes! 😃 I hope my son does the same!
Screw the kids, I love playing in cardboard boxes... Crap. There I go again, saying stuff I want to keep in my head out loud.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And if he doesn't like it, he can use the box as a new place to live. 🍻
lol.

Theres a movie where the couple adopt children (i think Mark Walberg plays in it) - they bought them all these expensive gifts, but they end up playing in the cardboard boxes! 😃 I hope my son does the same!
I am confident he will. I know my kids love the cardboard box the dog food comes in from Amazon and will spend all afternoon coloring it and turning it into a train, plane, or spaceship.

I have to say the number of ships flight-ready is staggering no wonder our wallets cry out in the night if not already fully enveloped in Stockholm syndrome.

RoniasXeden

Commander
Oct 30, 2021
RSI Handle
RoniasX
Truth be told, it was my first real IAE since backing SC in 2015, crazy, I know.

I did snag 3 standalone bikes - Ranger RC, CV and X1 Force.
I've put them in my buyback, and then used the store credit to help me through a daisy chain of upgrades for my game package Gladius and my Taurus, into a Corsair and a Scorpius respectively. :glorious:

Additionally, I've upgraded the free referral MPUV to a 100i, with an idea of if it being an "in case of emergency vessel".
Possibly in the future I will switch it around and make it something else that I absolutely love and adore, since it's non meltable anyway.

Also I've just finalised getting what was my dream ship, both aesthetically and in promise of a future gameplay, the mighty Carrack from our fellow TESTIE @vahadar !
So I count that as both an IAE purchase and a Christmas gift. :love:

All in all, I'd say that being away for the duration of IAE probably saved my wallet quite a bit, partly because of me staying under a watchful eye of my fiancée, who reminded me everyday not too buy any more unneeded shit and partly because of me not being able to log in everyday and go to NB, but the truth is I had to do a lot of more important shopping while being in my home country, which made me prioritise it over IAE.

Just... just don't tell my fiancée that I've spent additional money over the exorbitant amounts we already had to leave at all those normal shops, please. :o7:

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I thought I was done. . . but then today I realized I had 4 referrals, so went ahead and opened a second account with a $40 Mustang in order to snag myself 2x MPUVs with LTI and that bonus Greycart. . .
While I'm on the subject, I also have an old LTI Merlin referral reward that I upgraded to a Titan, but I've noticed it seems entirely NOT-meltable, even to recover the upgrade credit. True? Must be careful with these!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Sooooo, I've joined the club I guess...
My friend convinced himself to finally buy into the game with a mustang starter pack (after some "help" from me during the free fly), and he is the stingiest bastard ever, so I was like, if he spent money... yeah, I could afford to upgrade my aurora to something more decent!

One Hull A upgrade and 57 euros later, I now have a freelancer to fly around! My first non single seater! Yay! LTI ofc.
I seem to recall seeing the A recently in some vid or newsletter, it's close to being done, right? Will the price and thus the value of my upgrade go up as well when it's flight ready?
Or was this a very dumb choice? It was the highest cost that would fit into my price range and I wanted a hauler so... What do you think?

Forgot your password?