Post IAE damage assessment survey and survivor trauma recovery peer group

SoloPlayerZA

Grand Admiral
May 1, 2019
RSI Handle
SoloPlayerZA
I thought I was done. . . but then today I realized I had 4 referrals, so went ahead and opened a second account with a $40 Mustang in order to snag myself 2x MPUVs with LTI and that bonus Greycart. . .
While I'm on the subject, I also have an old LTI Merlin referral reward that I upgraded to a Titan, but I've noticed it seems entirely NOT-meltable, even to recover the upgrade credit. True? Must be careful with these!
yes, the free gifts from cig such as referrals are not meltable

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Sooooo, I've joined the club I guess...
My friend convinced himself to finally buy into the game with a mustang starter pack (after some "help" from me during the free fly), and he is the stingiest bastard ever, so I was like, if he spent money... yeah, I could afford to upgrade my aurora to something more decent!

One Hull A upgrade and 57 euros later, I now have a freelancer to fly around! My first non single seater! Yay! LTI ofc.
I seem to recall seeing the A recently in some vid or newsletter, it's close to being done, right? Will the price and thus the value of my upgrade go up as well when it's flight ready?
Or was this a very dumb choice? It was the highest cost that would fit into my price range and I wanted a hauler so... What do you think?
Not dumb at all.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
While I'm on the subject, I also have an old LTI Merlin referral reward that I upgraded to a Titan, but I've noticed it seems entirely NOT-meltable, even to recover the upgrade credit. True? Must be careful with these!
Yep you need to go forward only with referrals, that the way 😜

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I seem to recall seeing the A recently in some vid or newsletter, it's close to being done, right? Will the price and thus the value of my upgrade go up as well when it's flight ready?
Hull A will get a price bump at release yes, soon if you look at road map.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
After going overboard my first 2 years of IAE's, this one was very controlled. I moved around a few things but spent less then $100 in fresh cash, so as weird as this sounds I am proud of my self control lol.
Very much in agreement @Sayora
I may be in the wrong group now.. as this season, no new cash was spent. Even credit was selectively applied, although my hangar is pretty much out of tricks for the foreseeable future.

Take hope folks! It can be done!!

In the meantime, I'll join you with a shot of single malt.

P.S. will also be looking for deckhands/gunners for the day the Odyssey comes out of drydock 😂

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I feel better by thinking how long it would have taken to grind it out in-game vs. the time worked at my job to pay for it.
That's what I told myself 10 years ago!

Now that retirement is closing in, that logic may not apply...although, I can help fund my retirement by selling my LTI ships lol

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hey, kids love cardboard boxes. Not even lying.
Theres a movie where the couple adopt children (i think Mark Walberg plays in it) - they bought them all these expensive gifts, but they end up playing in the cardboard boxes! 😃 I hope my son does the same!
And if he doesn't like it, he can use the box as a new place to live. 🍻
Wow, it's almost like you all knew me as a kid while I was growing up? I'd use various sized boxes, especially those that were larger, to built castles to play in.

Screw the kids, I love playing in cardboard boxes... Crap. There I go again, saying stuff I want to keep in my head out loud.
Same here my friend, sadly I'm too large & broken down to continue to do so.

One Hull A upgrade and 57 euros later, I now have a freelancer to fly around! My first non single seater! Yay! LTI ofc.
Or was this a very dumb choice? It was the highest cost that would fit into my price range and I wanted a hauler so... What do you think?
Most ships that are not straight to flyable usually get at least a small price bump when they are released into the Verse.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't think the Freelancer was a bad choice at all. You can play that ship alone, or with a few friends, whatever suits you.

Ayyah

Commander
Nov 16, 2021
RSI Handle
Ayyah
I think we have the same conclusions after this sale 😂 I have a mess of unapplied CCU's, a bunch of cheap BMM's with CCU lines going up from there. Took a lot of mental mathmagicks. Felt so silly melting a $210 BMM coz I could rebuild it for cheaper. That $170 Hull D is nice, didn't know you could CCU to it EDIT: I was thinking of the Hull E, forgot how many versions there are 😂

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Oh, here I was considering the LTI Merlin referral to be kinda like, total failsafe. You carefully design a CCU upgrade path, then you apply it, and then you will never ever accidentally in a drunken stupor go melt it. Perfect, no?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I think we have the same conclusions after this sale 😂 I have a mess of unapplied CCU's, a bunch of cheap BMM's with CCU lines going up from there. Took a lot of mental mathmagicks. Felt so silly melting a $210 BMM coz I could rebuild it for cheaper. That $170 Hull D is nice, didn't know you could CCU to it
Oh, I just have an excel that uses all the current ship prices as input, just got to keep it up to date.
Then whenever I purchase a CCU I just put in the ship from, the ship to, and what I actually paid for it. The excel will show the from price, the to price, and how much I saved with the CCU.
This IAE I added an additional column for the chain number (so I can keep track on what CCU belongs to which chain. I naturally sort by this column and the from price every time I add something, keeps it nice and organized.) as well as a missing value column (when the 'to ship' price column does not match the 'from ship' price column on the next row, I use this to spot missing CCUs and potential for warbond CCU targets). And finally a sum for each CCU chain that calculates together everything from the 'actually paid' column and the missing value column to give me the current value of that ship.

Ah, after this IAE, the 'missing value' column is all 0s btw. Beautifully complete CCU chains, they're secure but not applied so I can still try to knock those two $200+ ships down a bit.

Ayyah

Commander
Nov 16, 2021
RSI Handle
Ayyah
Oh, I just have an excel that uses all the current ship prices as input, just got to keep it up to date.
Then whenever I purchase a CCU I just put in the ship from, the ship to, and what I actually paid for it. The excel will show the from price, the to price, and how much I saved with the CCU.
This IAE I added an additional column for the chain number (so I can keep track on what CCU belongs to which chain. I naturally sort by this column and the from price every time I add something, keeps it nice and organized.) as well as a missing value column (when the 'to ship' price column does not match the 'from ship' price column on the next row, I use this to spot missing CCUs and potential for warbond CCU targets). And finally a sum for each CCU chain that calculates together everything from the 'actually paid' column and the missing value column to give me the current value of that ship.

Ah, after this IAE, the 'missing value' column is all 0s btw. Beautifully complete CCU chains, they're secure but not applied so I can still try to knock those two $200+ ships down a bit.

Beautiful, I really should do that. Part of my CCU mess is split across 6 alts I used for referral bonuses, but just imagine how cheap a BMM you could get starting from a $0 Gladius 😂

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I don't think the Freelancer was a bad choice at all. You can play that ship alone, or with a few friends, whatever suits you.
I just took out the Arlington Hammerhead with the stock lancer so yeah, all my buyers remorse is gone now lol
I wonder how well the Hull A will perform with trading when it goes live, I might look at upgrading that permanently to Freelancer.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Freelancer is a great choice. If I had just one ship and wanted to be under 150 bucks all in, it would be the freelancer game package. Taurus is nice, but the ‘lancer is a great ship that is good solo or with a small group of up to 4 people. it’s big enough to go between systems, but small enough to not attract a lot of attention from large pirate groups. It also has enough of a sting and is maneuverable enough to make a solo pirate think twice.

Congrats on the upgrade.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Oh, here I was considering the LTI Merlin referral to be kinda like, total failsafe. You carefully design a CCU upgrade path, then you apply it, and then you will never ever accidentally in a drunken stupor go melt it. Perfect, no?
Lol, for sure! That's why I long ago upgraded mine to that Titan. After melting and then shortly re-buying the Titan like 6 times, I finally used the Merlin CCU to force myself to keep it locked in!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Errrgggh.

So for this IAE I've picked up the following...

- Crusader Ares Ion
- Aegis Redeemer
- RSI Polaris

All CCU-gamed so I'm not paying obscene prices.

That's it...no more.

Good thing I only have a niece to give Christmas presents for. If I have any unknown children out there....they're all getting lumps of coal.

Forgot your password?