posted a thing on spectrum

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
That server warning thing is an absolute necessity. Obviously, there'll be some shutdowns they wont be able to warn us about (crashes and the like), but if they know ahead of time they should let us know, too.
On the other hand, I don't care so much about the back end stuff, as long as they let us know at some point. They seem to be doing a fair job of it with the AtVs and the other stuff. I wouldn't complain if there was a spectrum thread, though. :grin:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Maybe they are also testing reactions of various systems during a shutdown to test recovery, what happens if I lift a box just as I get shot and the server dies, did I survive? Did I lose my box? We need to know how things will behave in that sense.

Just a thought, it COULD provide them with information.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thats asking for them to take longer when performing maintenance on the back end. Not only do they have to do the actual maintenance, but you are asking them to take the time to write about it and explain it when they could be doing more maintenance.

Reactions: marcsand2

RoughGalaxy

Commander
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
RoughGalaxy
I edited my post a bit, knowing how much time it takes to write detailed descriptions of what they are doing is asking too much, I thought of a better way, and a possible benefit. I'd appreciate your input.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Maybe they are also testing reactions of various systems during a shutdown to test recovery, what happens if I lift a box just as I get shot and the server dies, did I survive? Did I lose my box? We need to know how things will behave in that sense.

Just a thought, it COULD provide them with information.
When this gets announced, you can prepare for it, continue your business as usual but know that this isn't a crapped server but an intentional TEST.
If I start up with the intention to change my weapon load-out, I will spawn a ship and notice after a while if I can do some changes. If the weapon selection is replaced again by mobiglass time after time, I will instantly leave the server and try another region.
The same happens with floating target markers, I don't want to do mercenary missions if my target markers are floating over my screen, although this can be "fixed" by switching to a "normal" resolution.

Forgot your password?