probably the best review of elite. which is why sc will surpass it!

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
What is this Elite Dangerous you speak of? Is that the wannabee Space Sim that one guy made after taking money from investors? The one that looks like it was from 1996? The one where you literally are so bored to death while playing it you want to kill yourself IRL?

Reactions: Tooterfish

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Myself and several other members are playing Elite and really enjoying it.

The game is not finished, but every update brings in more great functionality.

Elite is a great way to fill the space between now and a fully release Star Citizen.

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Myself and several other members are playing Elite and really enjoying it.

The game is not finished, but every update brings in more great functionality.

Elite is a great way to fill the space between now and a fully release Star Citizen.
To me, Elite is boring, drab, lonely, cold, and holy crap is the fidelity as far from what I would expect in 2015. However, if we are actively playing it I will hop on and get my bros to hop on as well. Any space sim is fun when there are more than one or two playing. Let's get drunk and crash. Oh yeah.

Still, once we get some decent Modules from RSI I don't think many of us guys that like to kill other guys (PvPers) will be playing Erectile Dysfunction. Though, I am wrong about 50% of the time so who knows, maybe it could end up being just as popular as Star Citizen [Shrugs shoulders, then bursts into laughing at the hilarity of that statement].

Anyone want to sell me an account. Sold mine long ago. Might need a few actually for the Gaming Bar I run.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
To me, Elite is boring, drab, lonely, cold, and holy crap is the fidelity as far from what I would expect in 2015. However, if we are actively playing it I will hop on and get my bros to hop on as well. Any space sim is fun when there are more than one or two playing. Let's get drunk and crash. Oh yeah.

Still, once we get some decent Modules from RSI I don't think many of us guys that like to kill other guys (PvPers) will be playing Erectile Dysfunction. Though, I am wrong about 50% of the time so who knows, maybe it could end up being just as popular as Star Citizen [Shrugs shoulders, then bursts into laughing at the hilarity of that statement].

Anyone want to sell me an account. Sold mine long ago. Might need a few actually for the Gaming Bar I run.
play it with other people in wings and bounty hunt for money. Suddenly, the game turns into an awesome cooperative space fighting sim, the combat is really, really great.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I can not stand playing it for more than an hour.

It is just so meh and repetitive.
What am I grinding towards? bigger and better ship so I can do it again and again untill the next ship?

The emptiness and lack of socializing in this game, really kills it for me.
There is nothing worth doing (repeatedly).

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
True. I've had some fun playing with it (huehuehue) but I get bored pretty quickly. I've only had a single person chat with me, and that was the asshole who interdicted me to try and steal my cargo. He said "halt", I rammed him and flew away at maximum boost. The best single moment of the game thus far.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
True. I've had some fun playing with it (huehuehue) but I get bored pretty quickly. I've only had a single person chat with me, and that was the asshole who interdicted me to try and steal my cargo. He said "halt", I rammed him and flew away at maximum boost. The best single moment of the game thus far.
go into mumble and join up in the ED group. We're always flying around bounty hunting and stuff. Cargo is admittedly a really boring way to go about grinding

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
go into mumble and join up in the ED group. We're always flying around bounty hunting and stuff. Cargo is admittedly a really boring way to go about grinding
Surprise twist: I was in an Eagle with no cargo at the time, but about 100k in bounties I was on my way to turn in.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I finally broke down an downloaded ED about two-three weeks ago. At first I was very impressed by the graphics and actual game play after reading all the negative from reddit and twitch. But after a week of trying to get enough money saved up by basic hauling (no route finder website) I felt I never got anywhere and wanted to get into combat. But I have yet to load the game up again since then....

Remember when deployed I played euro trucker.. so I'm used to repetitive hauling games... and I think ED is a pretty good hold-over till SC is released. Combat and the use of wings sounds very interesting and once I get back the next "business trip" I will mumble for assistance :)

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
It is only fun when you are in a team with other people that are on TS with you (voice is mandatoy).
Going on bounty hunt, is great.

Reactions: GrammarGestapo

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
It is only fun when you are in a team with other people that are on TS with you (voice is mandatoy).
Going on bounty hunt, is great.
exactly, and that's what will make star citizen fun! Who wants to just fly around to station after station dropping off goods by themselves? I intend to use my banu as a blockade runner to carry all the cargo my pirate brethren "liberate"

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
ED is an enjoyable game, it's still very much a work in progress.

We're lucky to have two good space SIM's out within the same rough time period after the decades drought we've had to endure.

The more the merrier!

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
X Rebirth was a great dissapointment to me.
I was hoping it would build on Albion and go closer to what we now know SC will be like.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
If you want even more boring shapes, play Elite Dangerous.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
X Rebirth was a great dissapointment to me.
I was hoping it would build on Albion and go closer to what we now know SC will be like.
Speak not of X-Abortion

That damn game, I pretty much pre ordering all games now due to that massive failure, its was my own fault for not paying attention to the warning signs (testers / reveiwers were only allowed to play a small scripted video, nothing else)

Forgot your password?