Problems with BTC Armory, any BTC experts?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
For whatever reason, this happened.
My wallet disappeared in BTC Armory but I kept my paper backup/fragments and I can't find my original private keys.
I was able to restore my wallet in the software but the private keys it generated show a zero f-ing balance.

When I check one of my P2SH-P2WPKH (SegWit) addresses generated by my old BTC Armory wallet application years ago,
the wallet address still shows a balance when checking via a blockchain explorer.

I can't figure out how to re-import/restore my wallet with its P2SH-P2WPKH (SegWit) addresses.
So I can have access to my BTC.

Does anyone know how I can recover my BTC Armory SegWit wallet?
I have been googling for hours to no avail and I have to say I am not well learned on the intricacies of this.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Sorry to hear that..
Only one that seem legit I found that actually point to a BTC Armory recovery is this.. https://www.bitcoinarmory.com/tutorials/armory-basics/restore-wallet/
But guess you tried that..
All other How to recovery BTC Armory SegWit I found seem to be a persons personal ideas how to and that sounded to shady for my taste...

CHEERS! 🍻

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
For whatever reason, this happened.
My wallet disappeared in BTC Armory but I kept my paper backup/fragments and I can't find my original private keys.
I was able to restore my wallet in the software but the private keys it generated show a zero f-ing balance.

When I check one of my P2SH-P2WPKH (SegWit) addresses generated by my old BTC Armory wallet application years ago,
the wallet address still shows a balance when checking via a blockchain explorer.

I can't figure out how to re-import/restore my wallet with its P2SH-P2WPKH (SegWit) addresses.
So I can have access to my BTC.

Does anyone know how I can recover my BTC Armory SegWit wallet?
I have been googling for hours to no avail and I have to say I am not well learned on the intricacies of this.
I've had similar using Coinomi after reinstallation. Balance shows up on blockchain explorer but not in app wallet. I ended up having to make sure the updates were the latest then wait while the wallet app updated itself (blockchain height). Some devices / tokens can take hours once initiated. But if it's still showing on the explorer it's all good. Hopefully it will sort itself out for you.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I imported all the private keys from the restored BTC Armory wallet into Electrum or some online wallet and it showed a transaction history but a zero balance.
From what I understand, I somehow generated a segwit address from my old BTC Armory wallet and used that address to earn BTC from mining in a few pools.
But it seems since the blockchain explorer shows a balance, and that the private keys imported on the online wallet do not, then I think the BTC Armory wallet did not generate all the private keys it should have. From reading, it seems SegWit is a solution to soft mods or forking .. I may have decided to use it for a kind of future-proofing or something. I am not sure and online help is minimal on this specific subject.

Reactions: Patrick Spaceman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I imported all the private keys from the restored BTC Armory wallet into Electrum or some online wallet and it showed a transaction history but a zero balance.
From what I understand, I somehow generated a segwit address from my old BTC Armory wallet and used that address to earn BTC from mining in a few pools.
But it seems since the blockchain explorer shows a balance, and that the private keys imported on the online wallet do not, then I think the BTC Armory wallet did not generate all the private keys it should have. From reading, it seems SegWit is a solution to soft mods or forking .. I may have decided to use it for a kind of future-proofing or something. I am not sure and online help is minimal on this specific subject.
Maybe try contacting them after checking their forum?

I ended up doing the same for my issue at Coinomi, sounds similar albeit cold storage and an app.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
P.S. So after a lot of headaches, I recovered my segwit address funds.
So what I did was get BTC core up to date on a PC that would run it (No software blocking ports and things like that).
Once up to date I ran BTC Armory and once it connected to BTC core and validated, waaaalllaaa!
I had all my funds placed in segwit addresses inside that wallet!
Crisis adverted

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
P.S. So after a lot of headaches, I recovered my segwit address funds.
So what I did was get BTC core up to date on a PC that would run it (No software blocking ports and things like that).
Once up to date I ran BTC Armory and once it connected to BTC core and validated, waaaalllaaa!
I had all my funds placed in segwit addresses inside that wallet!
Crisis adverted
haha i wish i had the money to set up a miner pc my crypto went to crap cause i kept swaping it to different crypto's to avoid the big dip years ago. really bad luck on my end so i gave up on it and said i wont put anymore in i'll just work with the 100 usd i have left in it hahaha.

Forgot your password?