Propaganda dump March 2018

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is the population is too dumb to realize this is just another power grab via the destruction of personal freedom? Control freaks who try to make a new law for everything will never be satisfied.
Not the right question. The proper question is, "Is the population too dumb to have a modicum of common sense". The answer can be summed up in a short story:

Yellowstone National Park has very large signs that say things like "DO NOT FEED THE BEARS". Nevertheless, and normally directly in the vicinity of these signs, you'll see a line of parked cars and people feeding the bears. Every now and again, someone gets mauled by a hungry bear. A park ranger summed it up beautifully. He said, "There is obviously considerable overlap between the intelligence of smartest bears, and the dumbest tourists."

I personally don't care for laws that restrict my actions if nobody else is in danger, but you do also need to consider the people that have to clean up the mess after you're done "expressing your freedom".

* This may have been Yosemite National Park, but what the hell.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Makes one think that maybe all those safety labels are doing their jobs to well. Or we need another culling of society to keep the forces of Idiocracy at bay.

Reactions: Ammorn and StdDev

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Did someone say free beer?
Hmmmm, you've made me think...

Statistically speaking, considering the amount of people on planet earth, someone somewhere must be getting a free beer right now!

So... all we need to do is mathematically work out using Quantum jiggery-pokery where the highest likelyhood of someone saying "Drinks for everyone!" is (or go to a lot of weddings for the first-toasts) and the whole of TEST squadron can drink for free, all the time!

We'd need some kind of transporter beam to be at all these places at the optimum times, but you know what they say: Necessity is the mother of invention - Once we know where the free booze is at any given moment it will be only a matter of time before scientists create an instant transportation craft/device to get you there.

Thinking about it this is probably what the Time Lords invented the time/space traveling Tardis for. Free drinks where you want when you want FOREVER!

P.S. if this is the inspiration that helps humanity discover time travel please, please someone from the future come back and shake my hand. :slight_smile: (Hmmm... they may have already, but years ago...?)

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev

Statistically speaking, considering the amount of people on planet earth, someone somewhere must be getting a free beer right now!

So... all we need to do is mathematically work out using Quantum jiggery-pokery where the highest likelyhood of someone saying "Drinks for everyone!" is (or go to a lot of weddings for the first-toasts) and the whole of TEST squadron can drink for free, all the time!

We'd need some kind of transporter beam to be at all these places at the optimum times, but you know what they say: Necessity is the mother of invention - Once we know where the free booze is at any given moment it will be only a matter of time before scientists create an instant transportation craft/device to get you there.

Thinking about it this is probably what the Time Lords invented the time/space traveling Tardis for. Free drinks where you want when you want FOREVER!

P.S. if this is the inspiration that helps humanity discover time travel please, please someone from the future come back and shake my hand. :slight_smile: (Hmmm... they may have already, but years ago...?)
I was actually going to give you some pointers on how to make your own time traveling machine... but you didn't appreciate them :confused:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was actually going to give you some pointers on how to make your own time traveling machine... but you didn't appreciate them :confused:
If it doesn't/didn't involve some kind of jet propelled lavatory I wouldn't/will not be/have been interested.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

I am in awe of how your mind works and fully support this enlighten endeavor.

Forgot your password?