PSA- BB CCUs are full price now.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
i thought at one time they said original concept prices would never change though.
They don't, for any given duration of "never". I mean its a subjective thing isn't it? They didn't for example say "Never ever" which means there is an ever limit somewhere in "never" that just wasn't stated. It's like "Limited warrranty" and you have to pay more than the part is worth to ship the package bac to the supplier, where a technoweenie will decide that you busted it on purpose and send it back to you postage due instead of fixing it.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Seems like most of $0 ccus were deleted. Some were not. I still have some $0 ccu's from Carrack. I think some people had purchased a $200 recalimer (or other $350 ship) to Carrack. If I remember they accidently deleted some ccu's that had value.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yep... I'm looking at 9 pages of useless CCU's lol
Fuck me running. That's brutal.

Why the fuck sell us warbond CCUs in the first place, if you're going to turn around and do this. I mean, we still paid for ever Goddamned one we used twice, as we use cash to buy them back 90% of the time.

And with no warning. My Polaris warbond CCU . . .

Damn boys, I think they finally may have pissed me off.

I need time to process.
@Texelis @Blind Owl I still have all my warbond CCUs stocked in hangar here (around 50 pages). I had to decline some sales (@Lemming ) as I need to assess first what I have left for my own needs. But after that is done, I'll know what I can spare again (that includes your request Lemming).
Thanks man. I'll hit you up if needed!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Speaking of
I need time to process.
time to process, NOW would be a good time to follow @vahadar 's example and look ahead with regard to future changes which haven't hit yet. There are a lot of ships which are not in the game, and those can be expected to go up in price. I.E. I just used a token to pull a cheap Endeavor ccu back into my hangar, and I can see a couple others which might be worthwhile.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Right with you @Ayeteeone

I'm going to buyback a few upgrades here just in case they do some nasty surprise again... And secure all my current planned upgrade paths.

On a side note to my fellow TESTies, I told it before somewhere else but if you have spare credits the Vulcan is also a great ship to look at this year as it will be probably available for sale again at current price (current value for calculation is 200$), and you could then buy a cheap CCU like Hurricane to Vulcan at 5$.

We have a few ships just above it that jumped in price with release : both Ares from 220 to 250, 400i at 250 (220 warbond for the 400i warbond CCU)

And ships not yet released : Corsair will probably jump from 215 to 245, Scorpius from 220 to 250, Santok'yai from 220 to 250...

And that nasty surprise from RSI last year with Taurus release : Andromeda from 225 to 240$,

That means if you missed getting a CCU from those released ships (Ares/400i), or not released ships (Scorpius which will be released next patch, Santok'yai, Corsair) or are annoyed by the stealth price jump of the Andromeda (like I am^^), you can get the cheapest Vulcan CCU when available, stock it in hangar, and wait for it to jump at 230$ (my bet) for further upgrade calculations to all those ships.
My guess is that it will be released not far from Pyro release.

If you have old redeemer CCUs, or old MSR CCUs (coupled with warbond harbinger + old caterpillar CCU or directly with old warbond caterpillar) that is a very interesting bet to make as you can make a jump from the 200 range to the 300+ range with not much spent. And that opens the road to the old BMM CCU also ;)

Last edited:

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
The Apollo Triage is also in a good place it should go to 290 when it comes out next year and is a $10 upgrade from an Andromeda which shouldn't see a price adjustment.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Speaking of

time to process, NOW would be a good time to follow @vahadar 's example and look ahead with regard to future changes which haven't hit yet. There are a lot of ships which are not in the game, and those can be expected to go up in price. I.E. I just used a token to pull a cheap Endeavor ccu back into my hangar, and I can see a couple others which might be worthwhile.
Yup. I've managed to get lucky with this method for years. But the stockpiling of warbond CCUs was a surefire way to get an expensive ship at a decent price. Christ, that was one of my favourite pastimes at sale time writing it optimal CCU paths with my buybacks. Now that's been ripped away. I have no issue with them making changes, but for the love of God, tell us when you're about to nuke the value of WARBOND CCUs.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Yup. I've managed to get lucky with this method for years. But the stockpiling of warbond CCUs was a surefire way to get an expensive ship at a decent price. Christ, that was one of my favourite pastimes at sale time writing it optimal CCU paths with my buybacks. Now that's been ripped away. I have no issue with them making changes, but for the love of God, tell us when you're about to nuke the value of WARBOND CCUs.
Gotcha. My comment was more for the folks who are reading but not actively participating in the thread.. everyone in here seems to have a grasp of what's going on :)

• Love

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Gotcha. My comment was more for the folks who are reading but not actively participating in the thread.. everyone in here seems to have a grasp of what's going on :)
I'm sorry @Ayeteeone, I didn't mean to sound snide or condescending. In retrospect, my comment came across that way. My bad friend.

• o7
Reactions: Ayeteeone

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Seems according to this thread on Imperium that very old CCU might still have some good deals.

Someone can buy an old P-72 to Hull-B for 55$.

The few old CCUs I have adjusted the price for the final ship in path but not the starting ship.

Seems for some of those very old CCUs (pre 2015-16?) price is still locked.

Reactions: Ayeteeone
Forgot your password?