[PSA] Please screenshot all interactions with poachers.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As some of our members may know, we are dealing with people who have been consistently attempting to poach members from our organization, and on more than one occasion, one of these people have managed to intimidate members. At this point, this stops being an attempt at recruitment and starts becoming a case of repeated harassment. This has been going on for at least two months now.

I am currently in the process of working with CIG to rectify this behavior. I have reported him to a CIG moderator, but without evidence, I doubt he will stop his incessant behavior. Please send me any and all screenshots of people who attempt to poach or harass you from the organization.

If you have any chat logs or screenshots from prior interactions, please also send them to me - or to Montoya or Seung.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Wait wat? I thought the people who just kinda spammed invites to everyone were generally assholes, but threatening people? Over a game? That's not even out yet? That's full-on douchenozzle behavior.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Wait wat? I thought the people who just kinda spammed invites to everyone were generally assholes, but threatening people? Over a game? That's not even out yet? That's full-on douchenozzle behavior.
There are ways to intimidate people without threats being used.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I would like to see examples of the intimidation part you spoke of.
A few weeks ago, a member mentioned in our RSI org chat being uncomfortable about this one poacher's behavior. At the time, I thought little of it, but as time went on, this particular poacher continued to target other members in TEST.

This particular poacher uses RSI Chat PM's and forum private messages to engage in said poaching attempts, which is why most of you who haven't hung out in RSI Chat do not know about him.

To be honest, the regulars in RSI org chat are getting sick of him.

The point of me posting this thread is to remind EVERYONE to record all instances of interactions that can be seen as either harassment or poaching by an outside party.

Because I don't have actual screenshots or chat logs at the moment, that's why I'm posting this thread. So I can collect. that. fucking. evidence.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
There is a distinct difference between sending out invites to people and harassment. Attempts to poach are going to happen regardless that is an expected course of action. While it may be annoying I do not believe it is outright harassment unless there are actual threats involved or a continued pressure after said "poacher" has been denied by said "poachee"(sp?). So be careful with this or it may in turn be found you are the one harassing someone just for an attempt of poaching which is going to happen and in my opinion harmless.

If you plan to start a crusade make sure its for actual harassment and not just cause the poachers annoy you. So if someone attempts to poach you and you tell them No and they stop then leave it be. If you tell them No and they continue to harass I suggest each individual report said person to CIG themselves whom I am sure will handle it appropriately. We are not starting Witch Hunts.

Poaching will be harmless as long as TEST continues to bring the culture and fun expected of by the members. If they are happy they will stay if they are not and we aren't the type of culture they are looking for then they will leave. Which while sad is within everyone's right to do so and we will wish them the best in finding that perfect fit.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is the first I have heard of it. Who is this poach-e?

I am currently in the process of working with CIG to rectify this behavior
No, please do not.

Sueng and myself are already in contact with CIG on several related issues.

We appreciate your initiative, but please to do not contact CIG as a TEST representative unless you have cleared it with me. They do not need 39 different people contacting them on the same issues.

S

svenrichter

This is the first I have heard of it. Who is this poach-e?

No, please do not.

Sueng and myself are already in contact with CIG on several related issues.

We appreciate your initiative, but please to do not contact CIG as a TEST representative unless you have cleared it with me. They do not need 39 different people contacting them on the same issues.
I may have misread this, but you are telling us all to open tickets and spam CIG as hard as we can, right?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
ATTENTION ALL TESTIES

BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE GLORY OF MONTOYA'S NIPPLES (MAY THEY REMAIN HARD AND RESOLUTE) I HEREBY PRESENT TO YOU, THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN COUNTER-SPAM INVITE WARFARE. USE IT WITH GREAT JUSTICE, AND WITH NO MERCY FOR SPAMMERS. HEAR THE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH FROM XPLOR, SERENITY, AND THE GREAT UNCLEAN ONE: THE CORPORATION!

BEHOLD!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little citizen? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the UEE Marines, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Vanduul, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Xi’an warfare and I’m the top pilot in the entire UEE armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this ‘Verse, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the CommNet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the ‘Verse and your MobiGlass is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the TEST Squadron Elite Delta Force Recon Ranger Spooky Commandoes and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the universe, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” organization invitation was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, carebear.

S

svenrichter

ATTENTION ALL TESTIES

BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE GLORY OF MONTOYA'S NIPPLES (MAY THEY REMAIN HARD AND RESOLUTE) I HEREBY PRESENT TO YOU, THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN COUNTER-SPAM INVITE WARFARE. USE IT WITH GREAT JUSTICE, AND WITH NO MERCY FOR SPAMMERS. HEAR THE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH FROM XPLOR, SERENITY, AND THE GREAT UNCLEAN ONE: THE CORPORATION!

BEHOLD!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little citizen? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the UEE Marines, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Vanduul, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Xi’an warfare and I’m the top pilot in the entire UEE armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this ‘Verse, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the CommNet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the ‘Verse and your MobiGlass is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the TEST Squadron Elite Delta Force Recon Ranger Spooky Commandoes and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the universe, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” organization invitation was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, carebear.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
ATTENTION ALL TESTIES

BEHOLD!

Lol, Eve Online speak.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Apparently the part about "RSI Chat" didn't register with most of y'all. :p

There is one person who has been approaching our members repeatedly for the past two months, and I remember reading a member say that he's not comfortable - or at least implying such - with this guy.

And Montoya, I'm not necessarily working that close with CIG. I just notified Toast about this particular individual in question and he elevated it, and that was it. I won't hear from them what they've got on this guy. I edited my post to reflect this better.

And Montoya? I've been trying to contact you directly so I can tell you the name of this offender, but your head is so far up Grand Theft Auto V's ass, you can't hear me.

While I know that attempting to recruit members isn't necessarily harassment, I am not comfortable with his pattern of behavior. And obviously, there's a reason I'm not calling him out by name here on the forums. The forums are public.

Last edited:
S

svenrichter

Apparently the part about "RSI Chat" didn't register with most of y'all. :p

There is one person who has been approaching our members repeatedly for the past two months, and I remember reading a member say that he's not comfortable - or at least implying such - with this guy.

And Montoya, I'm not necessarily working that close with CIG. I just notified Toast about this particular individual in question and he elevated it, and that was it. I won't hear from them what they've got on this guy. I edited my post to reflect this better.

And Montoya? I've been trying to contact you directly so I can tell you the name of this offender, but your head is so far up Grand Theft Auto V's ass, you can't hear me.

While I know that attempting to recruit members isn't necessarily harassment, I am not comfortable with his pattern of behavior. And obviously, there's a reason I'm not calling him out by name here on the forums. The forums are public.
Cos' The_administrator will try to cover his tracks? And CIG doesn't keep chat logs? Oh I had a rather amusing chat with him, but screens are on my work pc :( will post tomorrow.

Forgot your password?