PTU 2.4 INVITE SAT 5/21 for SUBS

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Was trying the patch it but is ssssssssssooooooooooooooooo slow, think everyone else is SC is patching as well, you'd think over $100million they'd have bought enough bandwidth for this sort of thing. Might be quicker to write and code my own SC than patch theirs? o_O
how slow is slow? i downloaded at 10mb/s today, and that was as slow as it got, i peaked at 25mb/s....

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
how slow is slow? i downloaded at 10mb/s today, and that was as slow as it got, i peaked at 25mb/s....
Not so bad at the moment, they dont have a fiber connection in my area yet so I'm stuck on ADSL2+. Its running at about 500k a second, better than dialup but no optic fiber for sure. They are still rolling out the NBN in Australia (fiber connections to the nodes) something that states have had for like the last 20+ years, maybe in the next year or so I'll get mine. Just in time for SC release i hope! :rolleyes:

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
ah yea, i sometimes forget that living in the US tends to make people like me take stuff for granted (like fiber optics). I mean 10MB/s was slow for me, but i cant really complain when all my steam games seem to be limited to a max of 12mb/s and then when i meet people like you who dont have fiber connections and give me perspective back again lol.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
ah yea, i sometimes forget that living in the US tends to make people like me take stuff for granted (like fiber optics). I mean 10MB/s was slow for me, but i cant really complain when all my steam games seem to be limited to a max of 12mb/s and then when i meet people like you who dont have fiber connections and give me perspective back again lol.
Yeah, Australia can be really backwards or behind on certain things and then miles ahead in other areas. The big different here is that Australia is such a large and sparse country with only about 21 million people scattered about. Costs a packet to run the infrastructure all over the place for minimal usage. I still remember dialup days and thank god they are long gone! :rolleyes: We'll catch you guys eventually.

Forgot your password?