PTU 3.1.2a

EVPilot

Space Marshal
Apr 1, 2018
RSI Handle
EVPilot
Hmmm, there wasn't any invite for the PTU 3.1, you could go to your account page and copy your account, or not. First it was possible for subscribers and concierge, at the end it was free for every backer. As far as I know nobody got an invite, you just had to go to your account page and check if you could copy your account to PTU.
I used the same 3.1 PTU account to verify and download PTU 3.1.2a. Again no invite, just try and yay. I even missed the step to download the new launcher. It works fine with the old launcher, it only shows the wrong version number.
Thank you for the info and instructions.im in the process of copying my account and awaiting my email confirmation.

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.2b PTU.742582 Patch Notes

Pinned

Discussion
Today at 08:46 pm
Star Citizen Patch 3.1.2

Alpha Patch 3.1.2b has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: PTU-742582

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.

Major Known Issues:

We've included increased logging in this build to determine the cause of some more persistent crashes. As a result, you will likely experience increased crashes and decreased performance.

Feature Updates

General
  • Players should now respawn in their ship or best available location following a disconnect or client crash
Now when a player logs out in their ship bed or the client crashes, the next time you connect, the game will attempt to log you back in to your most recent ship and location. Your ship will despawn after 10 minutes has elapsed if the ship is empty. If the player attempts to reconnect after this timeout, the player should respawn back in the ship in the best bed/seat available the next time the player connects, assuming the ship has not been destroyed.

UI
  • Improved performance of VMA when selecting ships
Technical
  • Three crash fixes
  • Added more logging and debug events to track more potential memory leaks and crashes

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In 742582 (3.1.2b) there's a new feature. The respawn in same instance after a crash works. Did for me at least. You'll experience both great, and very poor performance in the PTU, because CIG is stress testing the software. I've seen fps bounce from 40 to 5 and back.

This is the third PTU patch in 24 hours, but it is exactly what was needed, and I hope they continue with it. Release to the PU only after the patch has reached stability in PTU. Flash quiz... Which lesson was it?

3. Never patch in production, without patching and testing in your test environment first. You're not that good.

They've raised my confidence 20% overnight.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I've already got a problem... Can't login to the 3.1... PTU is fine. Says I need to login to prove I'm not a robot... guess they are watching my threads on Test cause I sound robotic in my actions.
It took me a little while to figure out what that was all about too. When you create a password, you tell the system how long the password is good for on that device. When the time expires, you need to go through the "I'm not a robot" thing. If you have dual authentication, you'll get a text or e-mail too.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Your ship will despawn after 10 minutes has elapsed if the ship is empty.
Ow... I have seen loading times of 600+ seconds in previous builds... I hope that they fixed that too for me :grin:

the game will attempt to log you back in to your most recent ship and location.
Does that also count for single seat fighters?

the player should respawn back in the ship in the best bed/seat available the next time the player connects,
It seems like there is something to test for me.

Reactions: Sraika

cmink

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2017
RSI Handle
cmink
Spent two hours in PTU 3.1.2c, tonight.
Highlights:
Successfully flew Reclaimer and landed on Daymar.
Logged out in Reclaimer bed. Logged back in same bed.
Crash/killed of my own doing, hovering around Daymar.
Successfully exploded my own Reclaimer with another ship.
QT'd and killed AI's.
No system crashes. Consistent 35-50 FPS range, including Reclaimer time, atmosphere entries.

Good times. The PTU has been pretty fun the past three nights.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Spent two hours in PTU 3.1.2c, tonight.
Highlights:
Successfully flew Reclaimer and landed on Daymar.
Logged out in Reclaimer bed. Logged back in same bed.
Crash/killed of my own doing, hovering around Daymar.
Successfully exploded my own Reclaimer with another ship.
QT'd and killed AI's.
No system crashes. Consistent 35-50 FPS range, including Reclaimer time, atmosphere entries.

Good times. The PTU has been pretty fun the past three nights.
So far, this has been the most stable for me. I got several hours of game this morning, without any glitches. Did some trades and some combat. Took the URSA out for a spin on Yela, went 12Km in daylight and back in darkness. That is a LOT of fun with a joystick. Got some... (I wanna say "air" but it wasn't quite air is it) ... Yela gas ... jumping it off of crater rims.

Judging by the chatter, there were a lot of people on the server, people were logging in on C and D strut. Consistent 20-30 FPS, the low side was mostly Port Olisar, but through combat with 2 pirates I got 23-25 FPS. That's not great, but playable. I used Super Hornet, Cutlass, Freelancer and Connie, as well as the Rover.

I was using an ASUS ROG i7 laptop, 16Gb RAM, SATA HD and 1050. Checking around now for a real system. Budget is about 2500 for now, but what I'll do is buy a package that I can upgrade as I get more.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2 and cmink
Forgot your password?