PTU for everyone!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I got in people reporting high FPS I was on 60, then after 2 mins my first crash (unable to connect)

----

update I hour of no crashes now 23-30FPS buying works, I will try a mission as that what was crashing me in earlier 3.0

---
Update nearly 2 and a half hours same server, no crashes still 23-30FPS even at Levski. I have done a full cargo run, a dispose of waste mission and spawned 2 ships.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Interesting - not sure performance will hold up but hey extreme stress testing will be interesting :slight_smile:
Yeah, I'm not sure this is the Christmas gift I would give somebody I love, lol! But, everybody can see what they are missing!

The previous update was just a tad buggy, maybe they fixed *everything* now? ha ha, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of Squadron 42 demo, but I don't think that is likely.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Got 3 hours in this AM, in 2 sessions. Levski's back in operation. So are the pirates pulling you out of quantum bu they're easy to either defeat or ignore. If your ship can't fight, just go re-engage quantum travel as soon as possible.

First session sucked. there were all sorts of issues. Like Power Point slide show FPS, 3 to 10 FPS. Never higher, felt like normal though. Then a crash after an hour. We think the crash might have been caused by a software update, because almost everyone that was on the server I logged into the second time had a similar experience.

The game ran at least 5 times faster after that. We had 55 FPS reported by some people with 1080 cards, and 7th gen i7's and 32 Mb RAM. I got 35 FPS for almost a solid hour of game play, and I only have an i7, 16Mb RAM, and 1050 card, rather entry level for this game). Expect lower FPS at stations - Port Olisar was the worst: 10 FPS, Levski 13-20 FPS, Grim Hex 12-15 FPS. Coming out of quantum drive was also a little jerky. FPS around 5 or so, but it only lasts a few seconds.

Good luck, and yeah it's a trap. I'm an hour and a half late for work now. :p Fortunately I'm the boss at the moment and I was, um yeah ok running a software test of "the latest build". Yeah. that's right. I can actually say that with a straight face!

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Finals are done, work is slow, home for the holidays (mostly).. jumping back to try 3.0

The only way I can survive Star Citizen is to ignore it most of the year.. but they always seem to push something fun out for the holidays.

Now I just have to map the new HOTAS I got for elite (T1600M FCS) and load up a Star Citizen voice attack. Oh look at that big honking download.. oh look its snowing.. guess I will go skiing and try it out tonight with the rest of humanity. It won't be a slide show disconnectopalooza, right? Right?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Here is the most common errors occurring and...
do keep in mind 99% of the errors is because of the server not your machine or your network.

Cheers! :beers:

10002 Error
When you first launch Star Citizen, you should get a prompt from Windows Firewall asking you if you want to allow the client network access.

If you don't click allow access by ignoring the pop-up or clicking cancel, your firewall may be blocking the client. This will result in an error code 10002 since the client can't connect to CIG's servers.

This error is also prevalent when the servers are down. If you are certain that the firewall access has been granted, It may be that the servers have been taken down for maintenance or in between patch releases.

15006 Error (1500XX)
This is an issue between authentication and account items when copying to PTU. The issue was identified and fixed on Friday evening, however if you still seem to encounter the issue please try the following:

Close any instances of the game or launcher

delete the USER folder, located here: \Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE

Recopy your account

Once you have received your new password, wait 5-10 minutes before attempting to login

30007 Error (300XXX)
This error is the result of one or more Game Servers getting stuck in a bad state. While stuck in this state, players attempting to connect to the game will be unable to progress past this error.

This issue is currently being investigated by our developers and in the meantime, our server team is actively monitoring and pulling servers in this state from the general matchmaking pool.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Here is the most common errors occurring and...
do keep in mind 99% of the errors is because of the server not your machine or your network.

Cheers! :beers:

10002 Error
When you first launch Star Citizen, you should get a prompt from Windows Firewall asking you if you want to allow the client network access.

If you don't click allow access by ignoring the pop-up or clicking cancel, your firewall may be blocking the client. This will result in an error code 10002 since the client can't connect to CIG's servers.

This error is also prevalent when the servers are down. If you are certain that the firewall access has been granted, It may be that the servers have been taken down for maintenance or in between patch releases.
Also when you're using the wrong ptu installer

Forgot your password?