PTU

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I can't log into Crusader because of 30007 but I can still go around in Arena Commander. I've been practicing landing on asteroids.

Reactions: marcsand2

Matt W.

Commander
Jul 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Skadoosh86
I don't like the reticle setup, I tried changing it to what i have it on in the reg alpha. Wont work. Only single player arena commander works for me... :(

Reactions: marcsand2

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I get 30007 on US server.. I am able to get into EU and AUS server... though the FPS leaves a bit to be desired...

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I can get the hangar but anything else just crashes. Will try the usual fixes and report back. I honestly cannot be bothered with anything today, maybe I'm just tired but if anything has a hurdle I just can't bring myself to tackle it. Low mood I guess.

BadMoonRicin

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
BadMoonRicin
I got the Aussie server a few times for nice long runs 20-30 min. Lag spikes galore though.
Haven't been able to avoid a 30007 error on the US servers for a few days. :cry:

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
So, how do i can get to PTU? Or it is limited?
It's early access right now. You should be able to get in if you are Consierge or a subscriber.. but to tell the truth, unless you like error testing software, it is probably more frustrating than fun.
Anyways... go to RSI web site and go to My RSI-> My Account at the bottom of the list on the left is "PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE"
If you have access to this, then you can get into the PTU
PTU Access.png

If you have this then you may download the installer/launcher and proceed from there... it is approx. 35 GB download.
https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.25.exe

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
It's early access right now. You should be able to get in if you are Consierge or a subscriber.. but to tell the truth, unless you like error testing software, it is probably more frustrating than fun.
Anyways... go to RSI web site and go to My RSI-> My Account at the bottom of the list on the left is "PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE"
View attachment 8385

If you have this then you may download the installer/launcher and proceed from there... it is approx. 35 GB download.
https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.25.exe
if not you might want to read this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/PTU-Invites

Reactions: StdDev

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I hate to be a cynic but it really does seem like they released to PTU for the sales. I can visit the hanger which in itself the ships are buggy but just get black screens in the PTU itself.

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
View attachment 8385

Thank you very much!
Well, i am not a good tester, so i guess i better wait a while, instead of disturbing people testing it.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
About 2 hours ago, I got repeated ( about 8 or 9) 30007 errors, Then clicked on AUS and had 90 mins at 25+ FPS. lots of freezes though
I took the below screen shot of a dead NPC, then lost the ability to move my character 5 mins later a disconnect

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
About 2 hours ago, I got repeated ( about 8 or 9) 30007 errors, Then clicked on AUS and had 90 mins at 25+ FPS. lots of freezes though
I took the below screen shot of a dead NPC, then lost the ability to move my character 5 mins later a disconnect

Stop bragging...ha ha! I could not get on anywhere with any server, so I just hung out on Spectrum to get a taste of salt, and then did some work :(

I hope there is a patch soon...or maybe they just need to reset some servers? This 30007 error has been plaguing us all weekend!

Reactions: Rear_Intruder

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I hate to be a cynic but it really does seem like they released to PTU for the sales. I can visit the hanger which in itself the ships are buggy but just get black screens in the PTU itself.
I think it was just CR perfectionist & general feature creep that pushed releasing to the PTU at this time, obviously, they would have gotten more sales if they would have released a finished 3.0 to everyone!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think it was just CR perfectionist & general feature creep that pushed releasing to the PTU at this time, obviously, they would have gotten more sales if they would have released a finished 3.0 to everyone!
That's probably true but then the annual sales would have had to be postponed to sometime next year (actually hoping 3.0 will be finished (i.e. bug free) next year sometime.

Reactions: Bambooza and StdDev

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I can't log on either US or EU since Friday, but AUS was pretty good all weekend. I've had two 3 hour sessions over the weekend without any issues, and one that had a few issues (like the Cutlass seems to be prone to not rezzing it's doors, still.)

Most of the issues that I've encountered, even on US servers can be caused by lag, but it's getting better. I'm almost curious though, which protocol they're using in the network suite. I haven't looked but, It *feels* like HTTP, instead of UDP.

Reactions: Rear_Intruder
Forgot your password?