[PU 2.5.0 HANGAR] Does anybody know, where the item port for the Starfarer is?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Revel&York hangar: wanted to spawn the Starfarer, but couldn't find the item port for her.
I just gooooooooogled in the Internet but found nothing. Is there no item point? OR, if there is one - where the hell is it??

Please help.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
You must remove ALL other ships from the R&Y hangar.
The Item Port 'dot' is in the center about 2/3 of the way.

The Starfarer must be in the hangar by itself. It is HUGE.
Enjoy.
In the mid? My hangar is empty, but I cant find the dot/port.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hm, I think it is a bug. When I loaded the hangar again, suddenly my Connie spawned - which I hadn't spawned before. My hangar was totally empty the last time I walked around in it, searching for the Starfarer spawning port.

I removed the Connie - and there it was, the Starfarer spawn port. Interesting thing is, that there seems to be a item port bug at the Starfarer for they are disappearing when I going onto them with my cursor. Finally I can say, that this whole item port thing is not convincing me. Holotable was way better, I'm sorry.

Oh, and I managed to install the Apocalypse Guns on the main turret, yay :D

Rear turret fit only size 2 weapons; pitty. Which guns should I put onto them? 117 Badger Repeater are pre-installed.

Reactions: Daak Seed and Rolo

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
Note: Sometimes one of the legacy ships (notably the Cutlass Red and Freelancer Dur) will be attached to a ship port but invisible in R&Y. Check each port to be sure it's empty.
Note 2: the ship 5-6 port only appears in the *orange*-walled R&Y, not the woody.

First pic is looking toward large exterior door. Markings visible for reference.

Second is looking to the right for reference

Third

So the port is on the center, in the middle of the third floor panel from the large door (opposite the tower office)

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
Some trivia to help get you hyped.

The Jumbo (orange) R&Y originally barely fit the SF. Now it has perhaps 20m more room.
The jumbo port in the R&Y was a ship size 5 port... now it is a Ship Size 5-6 port.

What upcoming ship is a little bit longer than the Starfarer [edit: around the 123m mark... ] and may soon be hangar ready?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger

The Jumbo (orange) R&Y originally barely fit the SF. Now it has perhaps 20m more room.
The jumbo port in the R&Y was a ship size 5 port... now it is a Ship Size 5-6 port.

What upcoming ship is a little bit longer than the Starfarer [edit: around the 123m mark... ] and may soon be hangar ready?

Anyone?

Anyone?
CARRACK!!!!(or maybe caterpillar?)

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Revel&York hangar: wanted to spawn the Starfarer, but couldn't find the item port for her.
I just gooooooooogled in the Internet but found nothing. Is there no item point? OR, if there is one - where the hell is it??

Please help.

This is me every single time I want to show off or change things up on my starG. It is infuriating that they would put these things points on the floor without even a thought to marking them. Honestly, there are markings on the floor. How fking hard would it have been to just move, alter, or make new markings on the floor pointing to them.

Instead, I have to run a fking search pattern in my own hanger just to see my ship. I gotta run around in circles like an idiot every single time. It's the most frustrating and ridiculous thing I have seen in a long while. It is something that is just so simple and yet, somehow, it evaded every single tester and developer to date. Because I refuse to believe that anyone in their right mind would just "miss" this simple little issue. Two seconds in a hanger and it would be "oops, we need something to point out these spots...".

Yet here we are, still, running around in circles staring at the ground like we came to space camp on a special bus...

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Anyone?

Anyone?
No way! This can't be! Can it?

CARRACK!!!!(or maybe caterpillar?)
I'm unsure. Looking to the current lenghts it should be the Carrack. But I can't believe it. Perhaps the Cat has become longer than planned...?

This is me every single time I want to show off or change things up on my starG. It is infuriating that they would put these things points on the floor without even a thought to marking them. Honestly, there are markings on the floor. How fking hard would it have been to just move, alter, or make new markings on the floor pointing to them.

Instead, I have to run a fking search pattern in my own hanger just to see my ship. I gotta run around in circles like an idiot every single time. It's the most frustrating and ridiculous thing I have seen in a long while. It is something that is just so simple and yet, somehow, it evaded every single tester and developer to date. Because I refuse to believe that anyone in their right mind would just "miss" this simple little issue. Two seconds in a hanger and it would be "oops, we need something to point out these spots...".

Yet here we are, still, running around in circles staring at the ground like we came to space camp on a special bus...
Hahahaha, that gave me a good laugh this morning, just because it is so un~fucking~believable true :D

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
The Cat is my guess, personally. The Carrack next.

But the BMM (100m (riiiiight)) and Polaris (100m+) also fit the size 5-6 category, I'm moderately sure.

Reactions: AstroSam

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
How does one get the Jumbo R&Y hangar? Does it require a starfarer, etc?

Just curious because I was hoping I could get my Carrack in the R&Y, but I don't have the jumbo...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
As far as I know, there is only the one R&Y hanger. It expands to the size needed. It used to expand to other rooms if you loaded up your ships in them. From what I understand, they killed the adjacent rooms temporarily when they came out with this new item system. It should be back to normal soon enough.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Im pretty sure there are 2 variants of the R&Y hangar. I have the wooden panel one (but not a starfarer), but in the pics above, they have orange on the walls. I think its mainly dependent on if you have the Starfarer.

Forgot your password?