Pulse nightclub shooting

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Sadly as an American I am just not shocked anymore, this is almost to common these days, mass shootings are only going to get worse as time goes on and we do nothing to change it. Seems to me we are more concerned about complaining after the fact than preventing them, we are as a society reactive instead of proactive and we are to busy pointing fingers and hiding behind old traditions and amendments than making the right choices, companies benefit far to much from death in this country to allow such changes to occur, this is why guns are cheap and healthcare is expensive.

Anyways, once again innocent people are slaughtered, families destroyed and communities torn apart and for what? It does not matter anymore why people commit these mass shootings the only thing that matters is what as a society are we going to do about it?

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
I cant believe this. Another mass shooting in my country. Gun-free zones are the places that this shit happens at. I don't want to get to political, but we need to stop this pansy ass Gun-free crap. Taking guns away from our citizens endangers everyone. This shit doesn't happen in places where the American population is well armed, and when it does the perpetrators don't get very far.

Reactions: Murderer

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes if you've got a seriously epidemic gun crime problem in your country, then more guns is definatly the way to go.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
I cant believe this. Another mass shooting in my country. Gun-free zones are the places that this shit happens at. I don't want to get to political, but we need to stop this pansy ass Gun-free crap. Taking guns away from our citizens endangers everyone. This shit doesn't happen in places where the American population is well armed, and when it does the perpetrators don't get very far.
as a trans person i love carrying a handgun with me (were prone to violence ) however statistically the least guns the least shootings...

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
If you analyze all the mass shootings in the states you will find that 90-95 % of the perpetrators had some kind of underlying psychological disorder that is not being managed.This high lights one of the most critical issues here in the states which is the lack of mental health services. Many of the 2million people filling our prison system are suffering from some kind of mental illness........

Their issues are not tracked and managed and when inmates are released back into the population with a disorder the chances of them re-offending triples.

Terrorism is the product of a warped sense of reality regardless if the crime is socially or religiously motivated there is a disconnect in a normally way of thinking and seeing the world.The issue that needs to be addressed is not gun control but mental health on a global and local scale. I know its a little off topic but I believe that it has some relevance in this conversation.

Lastly the most dangerous weapon in the world is not a gun , knife or atomic bomb but the spoken word. People should really watch what they say especially if they are in a position of power which gives them the ability to influence and be heard on a global scale.

Last edited:

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Guys, this is not the time to debate. This is the time to reflect, and send your thoughts and prayers to the family and people affected by this tragedy. This is very fresh for a lot of people, I myself have family and friends in Florida, thank goodness none of them were there. The point is, whether you're from the US or not - we need to be respectful and throw whatever opinions we have out the window to mourn for fifty innocent lives - the largest massacre in American history.

Just please be respectful in terms of your comments, and keep those affected in mind.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Guys, this is not the time to debate. This is the time to reflect, and send your thoughts and prayers to the family and people affected by this tragedy. This is very fresh for a lot of people, I myself have family and friends in Florida, thank goodness none of them were there. The point is, whether you're from the US or not - we need to be respectful and throw whatever opinions we have out the window to mourn for fifty innocent lives - the largest massacre in American history.

Just please be respectful in terms of your comments, and keep those affected in mind.
Exactly. We can discuss this at another time, but to inject political leanings while the blood has yet to dry is pretty low. This goes for ALL sides of the argument.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I disagree, I think if not now when? This is not the first shooting and we have yet as a country sat down and taken action, so if not now when? A few weeks when half the country has moved on? I mean if we could not do anything after Columbine in the 90's, well we did have an assault weapons ban which was ended under Bush I believe and sandy hook a few years ago what makes anyone think this one will change anything?

Sorry the time for reflection has long passed, we refuse to take action because its one side vs the other and politicians at the helm who only care about one thing and that is keeping their jobs. Don't get me wrong I am sorry for the loss of life and I feel for all the families and communities involved but again as a society we have become a reactionary people who complain and argue over petty things like guns instead of doing the right things, I am sure after all these shootings people felt the same way, reflect and take action later and here we are 17 years later and nothing has changed, its actually gotten worse and here we are still fighting over petty things like guns, guns?!?!......sigh.....

April 1999 - Two teenage schoolboys shot and killed 12 schoolmates and a teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, before killing themselves.

July 1999 - A stock exchange trader in Atlanta, Georgia, killed 12 people including his wife and two children before taking his own life.

September 1999 - A gunman opened fire at a prayer service in Fort Worth, Texas, killing six people before committing suicide.

October 2002 - A series of sniper-style shootings occurred in Washington DC, leaving 10 dead.

August 2003 - In Chicago, a laid-off worker shot and killed six of his former workmates.

November 2004 - In Birchwood, Wisconsin, a hunter killed six other hunters and wounded two others after an argument with them.

March 2005 - A man opened fire at a church service in Brookfield, Wisconsin, killing seven people.

October 2006 - A truck driver killed five schoolgirls and seriously wounded six others in a school in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania before taking his own life.

April 2007 - Student Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 15 others at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, before shooting himself, making it the deadliest mass shooting in the United States after 2000.

August 2007 - Three Delaware State University students were shot and killed in “execution style” by a 28-year-old and two 15-year-old boys. A fourth student was shot and stabbed.

December 2007 - A 20-year-old man killed nine people and injured five others in a shopping centre in Omaha, Nebraska.

December 2007 - A woman and her boyfriend shot dead six members of her family on Christmas Eve in Carnation, Washington.

February 2008 - A shooter who is still at large tied up and shot six women at a suburban clothing store in Chicago, leaving five of them dead and the remaining one injured.

February 2008 - A man opened fire in a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, killing five students and wounding 16 others before laying down his weapon and surrendering.

July 2008 – A former student shot three people in a computer lab at South Mountain Community College, Phoenix, Arizona.

September 2008 - a mentally ill man who was released from jail one month earlier shot eight people in Alger, Washington, leaving six of them dead and the rest two wounded.

October 2008 - Several men in a car drove up to a dormitory at the University of Central Arkansas and opened fire, killing two students and injuring a third person.

December 2008 - A man dressed in a Santa Claus suit opened fire at a family Christmas party in Covina, California, then set fire on the house and killed himself. Police later found nine people dead in the debris of the house.

March 2009 - A 28-year-old laid-off worker opened fire while driving a car through several towns in Alabama, killing 10 people.

March 2009 - A heavily-armed gunman shot dead eight people, many of them elderly and sick people, in a private-owned nursing home in North Carolina.

March 2009 - Six people were shot dead in a high-grade apartment building in Santa Clara, California.

April 2009 – An 18-year-old former student followed a pizza deliveryman into his old dormitory, and shot the deliveryman, a dorm monitor, and himself at Hampton University, Virginia.

April 2009 - A man shot dead 13 people at a civic center in Binghamton, New York.

July 2009 - Six people, including one student, were shot in a drive-by shooting at a community rally on the campus of Texas Southern University, Houston.

November 2009 - US army psychologist Major Nidal Hasan opened fire at a military base in Fort Hood, Texas, leaving 13 dead and 42 others wounded.

February 2010 – A professor opened fire 50 minutes into at a Biological Sciences Department faculty meeting at the University of Alabama, killing three colleagues and wounding three others

January 2011 - a gunman opened fire at a public gathering outside a grocery in Tuscon, Arizona, killing six people including a nine-year-old girl and wounding at least 12 others. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was severely injured with a gunshot to the head.

July 2012 - Masked gunman James Holmes opens fire at midnight cinema screen of new Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 and injuring 58.

August 2012 - Gunman kills six people at SIkh temple in Wisconsin before being shot dead by police. Suspect is named as white supremacists Wade Michael Page.

December 2012 - Adam Lanza, 20, forces his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. He kills 20 first-graders and six adults. Before arriving at the school, he had killed his mother at their home.

June 2013 - John Zawahri, an unemployed 23-year-old, kills five people in a rampage which begins at his father home and ends in Santa Monica College's library.

September 2013 - Aaron Alexis, a Navy contractor and former Navy man, engages police in a running firefight in the Washington D.C. industrial complex before being shot and killed. Thirteen people were killed and three injured.

May 2014 - Elliot Rodger opens fire in the campus town of Isla Vista, California from inside a black BMW, killing seven people. Rodgers acted alone and written and video evidence suggest the attack is premeditated.

June 2015 - White supremacist, Dylann Roof, begins shooting in a historic black church in an attempt to start a race-war. He kills nine people.

August 2015 - Vester Lee Flanagan II aka Bryce Williams shoots dead two former colleagues from the WDBJ7 news team.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
@Phil can you please stop turning this into a gun debate. I am asking nicely. This thread was made for those who lost their lives not about gun laws. Make another thread if you feel the need to discuss this.

I hate nothing more than when a death is used to push forth an agenda. Please let remember these people in this thread and not discuss politics.

TriteBoon

Space Marshal
Apr 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Trite

This is from a MOD just stop it guys

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm shocked and I'm sad - and I'm afraid of what is coming, looking to the political happenings in USA as well as, yeah, the world. I pray that every current person of importance will act responsibly for the good of all. My thoughts are with all the affected families who have lost their beloved by this terrible crime.

Forgot your password?