Question about criminal actions inside of Test

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Today, i stumbled upon a thread talking about criminal actions and how they would influence players reputation.

Someone quoted a developer statement and this brings up some serious questions:

"(Doing a criminal act) - You'll become a criminal. Your organization will become known as a criminal organization. Any affiliated organizations will begin to be associated with and considered to be criminals the longer and more involved they are with the criminal organization.

Legit organizations that suffer a member going rogue and becoming a criminal will have to expel member, turn them in if possible, and work to repair the damage done to their reputation.
" (https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5514467/#Comment_5514467)
(https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/about-orgs-and-gameplay)

If i get that right (and pls help me understand this to the fullest), it means that if one Test member does piracy and becomes a criminal, the whole Test org will "become known as a criminal organzation".

This would push an effort to directly cut appart the pirate Test group off the main Test org and let members of the main Test org decide, if they want to play with the pirate org at all.

Now i am a new member and this may have been discussed already, so i would like to know conclusions to the problem. I will not play with any criminal player and do not wish to become associated with them through passive org influence. Neutral rep would be alright btw. Just not trademark criminal after just doing trade runs on the good side of the law and the suddenly being denied contracts, because Test has been branded a piracy org.

Will the Test Squadron Pirate Section be cut off as an independent org?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It all depends on how they eventually build a rep system and what triggers you getting negatives in it.

Right now there isn't one beyond Crusader Security attack you and you spawn at GrimHex and if you are bad enough you flag on everyones radar, and you can get a criminal rating for blowing up abandoned ships that are unenterable because they are spinning at the speed of light.

If we take it as it is now, it doesn't seem to matter what you do you'll end up a criminal at some point and to be thrown out of TEST because you got a criminal stat for crashing on takeoff/landing (a very TEST thing to do) we'd run out of members.

We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
If the criminal action of single members of an org will affect the reputation of the entire Org (in-game reputation that affects NPC's) I guess we will make a Test-Piracy Org so that the people who don't want to do criminal stuff are not negatively affected. At least that would make most sense in my opinion.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
It makes sense that the org inherits the reputation of its members. That's how it works in real life.
We'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out (what rep systems will be implemented by CIG) and find a way around it. :)

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I got bad news for you, I plan on being a criminal and smuggling and stuff so hopefully your morals aren't too strong or its going to be tough to get along.

Good news is I'll be smuggling lots of booze so you'll get a good discount from me.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
As long as you wont fall into a criminal rep, you may stay in a neutral/lawful org.
The moment you become criminal, the whole Test org should cut ties with you as long as you remain a criminal.

--> This would be the outcome of the quoted CI plan. Leaves no room for either side of the rep scale, when playing in the same org

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I think in any case it's too much speculation, so I wouldn't worry about it. The mechanic for this is still in flux, and this info is from 2015. It seems far too simplistic, and doesn't jive with other things they've said recently about piracy and other criminal activities.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
"(Doing a criminal act) - You'll become a criminal. Your organization will become known as a criminal organization. Any affiliated organizations will begin to be associated with and considered to be criminals the longer and more involved they are with the criminal organization

CIG will change their minds 20 times on how this will all work, then refine, change and modify it again after 6 months in the game.

I would not consider anything statement to be gospel until we have a PU to play in.

CIG has an idea of how something "should" work, but when it comes to putting it into practice it may not work out.

This is just one classic example you mentioned above.

Lets pretend we are an org of 15,000 squeaky clean members, then one person commits a criminal act. Does it make sense that 15,000 members are the org are all criminals?

No.

CIG will say a lot of things, then go back and change them later.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
We're kind of an exception having so many members. There are only 25 SC organizations with more than 1000 members, out of 37500+ organizations.
They need to find a solution that works on both huge orgs and 10-member orgs.
In a 2 person organization, it would be awkward if one guy were a pirate and the other a lawful citizen and their org wouldn't be pegged as pirate (with a 50% criminal representation).

Forgot your password?