Question about melting packages

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask a question about melting etc,bear in mind i'm from the UK.

I have a sc/sq42 starter package and over several upgrades find myself up to a cutlass black.
I looked at the value of melting my entire hangar and it shows as $130 which i believe is the amount i have spent in £'s minus the VAT.

Ideally what i would like to do is buy the SC/SQ42 base package again and just have the crappy 3 month insurance Aurora/Mustang as just a backup, while i buy a NOX (or something equivalent) with LTI and then upgrade using credit/cash to a Cutlass/Freelancer DUR as my main ship so it has LTI.

Firstly i wanted to know if i do this will i have to pay VAT all over again or do i get the full value of what i have spent which works out to $156 as opposed to the melt value of $130?

Also with an expected rise in price of the Cutlass Black, should i wait till this happens before i take any action as i will get more value?

Thanks for reading.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You get the melt value which is the figure minus the vat. You lose the vat basically. Anything you buy new with your credit card you pay vat on, anything you buy with your store credit you do not pay vat on.

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
Ok thanks.

So should i wait till Cutlass price goes up before doing anything or will it not affect how much melt value i get?

Also i read somewhere you can buy credit but not pay VAT on it, is that correct?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ok thanks.

So should i wait till Cutlass price goes up before doing anything or will it not affect how much melt value i get?

Also i read somewhere you can buy credit but not pay VAT on it, is that correct?
Even if the cutlass value goes up, you will not get more store credits back for melting it. You only get back what you put in.

Reactions: Deroth

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Even if the cutlass value goes up, you will not get more store credits back for melting it. You only get back what you put in.
That's why you should get the Cutlass BEFORE it goes up in price, else you'll have to pay the new price for it!

Reactions: Printimus

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
Yeah i already have it, so maybe i'll leave things as they are and just be able to upgrade to a DUR for less hopefully.

Edit : Oh wait i see what you mean.

Reactions: Printimus
Forgot your password?