Question about ship sales

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am grander! now that the chocolate shake from lunch is down. No idea what makes me an admiral, but I like it.

But seriously, a noob. I have yet to buy a ship, as I have no game capable machine at present and no time to play. Hopefully both remedied in the coming months, before the release of the Polaris.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As a long standing noob who knows nothing of buying these "ships" y'all are talking about, I should remain silent and observe, however; I have now observed an uncharacteristic lack of shitposting in this thread, so thought I would come to y'all aid and like that.

Shitpost offered.
When there's no shitpost on the forums today
Who you gonna call? (@Blind Owl )
If there's something unlrelated
And it don't look good

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I picked up a nox with LTI from the marketplace here, so I should be ok when the prospector comes available again.

I know they've said since pretty much the beginning not to focus on the LTI stuff, but I know me. I know its a matter of time before I blow up my ship only to find out I forgot to renew my insurance and now no more ship lol. the main reason i'm putting my little fleet together now is that I have no idea how challenging it will be to earn credits in game, haven't had much luck so far in 3.x due to crashes plus this is only the alpha so the economic stuff is bound to change i'm sure
There will be TONS of reminders to renew your insurance in game, plus, your ship is not permanently gone if you forget to renew insurance, it just takes longer to retrieve your ship... again, insurance is just a small portion of gameplay.

As a long standing noob who knows nothing of buying these "ships" y'all are talking about, I should remain silent and observe, however; I have now observed an uncharacteristic lack of shitposting in this thread, so thought I would come to y'all aid and like that.

Shitpost offered.
SHITPOST ALL THE THINGS!

(better now?)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
There will be TONS of reminders to renew your insurance in game, plus, your ship is not permanently gone if you forget to renew insurance, it just takes longer to retrieve your ship
This is an interesting assumption. They did say in a recent video that lack of insurance will not prevent you from getting the ship back but that it might be full cost. I took it to mean that blown up uninsured ships would still be available to purchase by the player no matter their standing but the cost wouldn't be like it was covered by insurance and instead be full retail.
The other thing to take into consideration is insurance timer is real world meaning a 6 month insurance will last only 6 months from the start of the timer.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
This is an interesting assumption. They did say in a recent video that lack of insurance will not prevent you from getting the ship back but that it might be full cost. I took it to mean that blown up uninsured ships would still be available to purchase by the player no matter their standing but the cost wouldn't be like it was covered by insurance and instead be full retail.
The other thing to take into consideration is insurance timer is real world meaning a 6 month insurance will last only 6 months from the start of the timer.
again, before that 6 months is up, you will very likely receive numerous reminders to renew your shit.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
When there's no shitpost on the forums today
If there's something unlrelated
And it don't look good
Great, now the tune is stuck in my head. Hahah
We need to make him a blind owl spot light.
Will it be a beer bottle?
If @Blind Owl were truly a blind owl, then wouldn't that spot light have to be made out of braille & have a sound to indicate its activation?
Wow.
Smart.
Must be a SPAI!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I havnt seen a confirmation on this yet do you have any official statements on it yet? There are a lot of speculations on how the timmer will go. Some say they think it will work like items bought from the stores for rental(7 days you actually play) some say real life timmer, others think real game time. In my oppinion it needs to be a game timer so you are actively thinking about it.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
In another thread someone mentioned that RSI occasionally puts ships back on sale that are not currently on sale. When this happens, are they offered with LTI again or is that sort of a first time only type of thing? I had decided that I want to add a Prospector and a Vulture to my fleet. I can pick up the warbond Vulture next month before the sale ends but it'll be stretching the budget to pick up two in the hopes that I can at some point maybe CCU the other Vulture into a Prospector. What are my options based on your collective past experience?
Don't get manipulated! You can break the attachment cycle!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well i was originally thinking it would be something like an owl light but now thinking on it from what @Talonsbane said I think it would be better to just be the sound of a beer opening.

Perhaps something like this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExQKlhx5ms
Now that idea of yours @Bambooza is truly genius! The question is, how many beers did you have to open, record & drink until you found just the right sound? I'm guessing at least 1 more than you actually needed. (Just to be sure, of course. :p )

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I havnt seen a confirmation on this yet do you have any official statements on it yet? There are a lot of speculations on how the timmer will go. Some say they think it will work like items bought from the stores for rental(7 days you actually play) some say real life timmer, others think real game time. In my oppinion it needs to be a game timer so you are actively thinking about it.

View: https://youtu.be/mIXPSa_xBbo?t=322

Its at the time when they call Rob Reininger and he talks about insurance.

its not 6 months real time.....its 6 months in game time....meaning only when you are logged in.
In some ways I wish this was the case but Rob was very clear that timers will be based on real world time. So 6 month insurance will last 6 months if your in game or not. Same with timers for things like cargo loading/unloading and insurance cool downs.

They clarified in a recent Calling all Dev's and then in a few Spectrum post's that it is "real time" not in game time now.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cad-insurance-time-countdown-clarification/1252985

View: https://youtu.be/mIXPSa_xBbo?t=344
edit. I see @sovapid already replied with the information.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?