(Question) New to melting: Reverting an upgrade?

eko13wf

Space Marshal
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Eko_13_wf
I pledged for a Cutlass Blue as a standalone a while back. I upgraded it to the Aegis Sabre since the Cutlass wasn't very good as a fighter originally. I've been watching the news for the Cutlass changes and I think it could be very impressive with 4xS3 hardpoints and having the turret on it.

So my questions are:
Is this possible?
Can I melt (sell for store credit?) and re-purchase the Cutlass Blue after?
Do I retain the difference for the upgrade as store credit?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I pledged for a Cutlass Blue as a standalone a while back. I upgraded it to the Aegis Sabre since the Cutlass wasn't very good as a fighter originally. I've been watching the news for the Cutlass changes and I think it could be very impressive with 4xS3 hardpoints and having the turret on it.

So my questions are:
Is this possible?
Can I melt (sell for store credit?) and re-purchase the Cutlass Blue after?
Do I retain the difference for the upgrade as store credit?
You can melt it and rebuy it with real cash.
You won't be able to get it immediately unless they announce a sale after I type this.
If I'm not mistaken, the sale is only necessary if you want to rebuy it with store credits.

eko13wf

Space Marshal
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Eko_13_wf
So basically I select that standalone package and sell back as store credit (which I am learning is called melting, but there is no button that says melt [I said I'm new to this]). I will get refunded for the purchase and the upgrade. Then I can use the buy back pledge token to re-purchase the Cutlass Blue package.

If I am wrong, please clarify.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
There should be a small arrow in your hangar description. Click on that, that should give you the options, to exchange (melt) for credits.

To be safe, give us a screen shot of package, because there are a few packages you never want to melt.

eko13wf

Space Marshal
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Eko_13_wf
Attached.

Attachments

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
If you click on exchange for credits it will melt and you should receive $170 credits. You will have the option to re-buy 6 month insurance Cutlass Blue with baton and restraint system only. You can either buy it back in your hangar (buy back pledges) with new cash or use credits if you haven't used your credit token.

eko13wf

Space Marshal
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Eko_13_wf
That's exactly what I was hoping. So when the updated Cutlass is released I can go back and try it. If it still isn't what I hoped for I can always upgrade again.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
The cost on your buyback will stay the same too even if they increase the price on the Cutlass Black

Forgot your password?