Question regarding the throttle explanation in ATV "Flight Advance, ArcCorp Glance | 3.4.03)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks for the link, I took my time reading that one 🙂

It does a good job of showing how the ship throttle will work with a physical throttle (I had no idea you could actually pull back on throttle controllers), and does a good job of showing how on-demand decouple works with a quaybored, but doesn't show at all how the throttle would work with a quaybored or how on demand decouple is expected to be used by players using a physical throttles...

So as everyone else said one to wait for 3.5 for. With my flying style (crappy) if I can find a ship with retros as strong as the main thrusters this might just work out for me, assuming this is all going to work with a keyboard and isn't just reserved for throttle controller players.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So as everyone else said one to wait for 3.5 for. With my flying style (crappy) if I can find a ship with retros as strong as the main thrusters this might just work out for me, assuming this is all going to work with a keyboard and isn't just reserved for throttle controller players.
Try the 3 key on your keyboard. Strafe back. It isn't perfect, but it's functional. I had that mapped on my throttle control, but ... I cleaned my desk and... well I've been looking for it for a week.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
So if I some how am not trying to insta stop because I’m crashing into something... I can use gradual retro theust to slow myself down, in a graceful manner? Cause I’m more of a oh shit break now kinda guy.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So if I some how am not trying to insta stop because I’m crashing into something... I can use gradual retro theust to slow myself down, in a graceful manner? Cause I’m more of a oh shit break now kinda guy.
Welp. You're not alone. I can do what needs to be done but somehow I usually realize a little after that Oh shit moment passes and just before it turns into a "last thought".

Reactions: Duhb

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That's why Test doesn't stop. Clone vats and insurance fixes all things that might have proven to much for your ships ability to go through that which lays in its way.

Reactions: Vavrik and Duhb
Forgot your password?