Question: what are the best solo ships for PvE, which you can buy in game for aUEC in the current 3.16?

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
The only time I've gotten crimestats, they were level 3 or higher (and none when doing bounties). I say this because I'm not sure what levels you can pay a fine to clear.

There's a few kiosks in Grim Hex where you can pay a fine to clear CS. You could try that.

The kiosks are located in the main concourse (take the big elevators down from the lobby). They're near the doors that take you to the betting area (the doors have big orange signs with text above them).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mastersan

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Everyone should know how to clear a crimestat. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube to choose from.
I've only done the hack terminal route. Everytime I checked to see if I could pay a fine for a crimestat, the terminal at Grim Hex said my record was clear. Wasn't sure if my CS was bugged or if the terminal just doesn't deal with level 3 CS. I know it can work with level 1 (a friend cleared his level 1 this way) but wasn't sure about level 2 since I've never tried.

You could also do the prison route but the only time I've been to prison, I escaped then had to clear my CS at Kareah anyway. Got a sweet shank and prisoner outfit, though.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
RSI concierge post says the CrimeStat is going to disappear over time. Anyone has any idea how long to wait for level2 to disappear?
I am quite sure this is not true; crimestats do NOT go down/away over time, and I'm not sure if they ever did. Level 1 you can pay the fine for, any more than that you either need to hack it away or just get shot down and do you time in prison.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Someone may have been confused that your sentence will go away over time if you get sent to prison. Currently if you cooperate and mine, a 7 hour sentence is over in 20 minutes. It is more fun to remove the crimestat, however. I say that everyone needs to know FPS combat and how to remove a crimestat because it is so easy to kill players and NPCs by accident. Unless you want to spend playtime in prison, you need to know how to clear your name. Various SC forums are filled wih players complaining that they were innocent yet put in prison. Take this to heart and learn how to clear a crimestat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJGKxjBHJ-c

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I am quite sure this is not true; crimestats do NOT go down/away over time, and I'm not sure if they ever did. Level 1 you can pay the fine for, any more than that you either need to hack it away or just get shot down and do you time in prison.
That is correct, they never did go down over time.

Level 1 or Level 2 are nothing to wait it out. Go get a sandwich.

Players with a level 3 or higher crime stat either need to clear their crime stat before it's too late, or go to prison where they can wait it out (fine at 1 AM), mine (Does a lot to shorten the time as @Shadow Reaper said) or escape (you need friends that are online - party members or other TESTies are a good choice. Clear your crime stat after taking this option though. But you now have friends to help with that too)

The only real problems are that the system sometimes gives the wrong person a crime stat, or you get a crime stat out of what seems like nowhere. I hope they're working on this, because it's annoying as hell. Not always, but just sometimes you are actually innocent.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
It is more fun to remove the crimestat, however.
*Sort of.* However if, say, you have a level 2 crimestat, I've found the whole cycle of flying somewhere to buy a cryptokey, flying to a security depot, avoiding the turret, killing all the guards and hitting level 5 crimestat, and then taking the half hour necessary to clear ALL of those charges takes almost an hour, whereas just going to prison is like 20 min. So I really only bother if I have level 3 or higher, AND I want to get 'clean' again before ending my gaming session. Certainly still good to know how to do, but I advocate using judiciously, rather than anytime I rack up a minor 'Stat.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Strange stuff, I'm getting crime stat level 2 when someone is shooting my Vanguard Sentinel, even if I don't fight back at all. Apparently if you are in Klesher it takes about 40 mins to clear level 2 while doing nothing.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Strange stuff, I'm getting crime stat level 2 when someone is shooting my Vanguard Sentinel, even if I don't fight back at all. Apparently if you are in Klesher it takes about 40 mins to clear level 2 while doing nothing.
No better reason for a snack and a beer!
They're going to need to rethink how this works, because people are going to get really frustrated.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
OK, tried "Remove Claimjumpers" instead of bounties, as bounties don't seem to work for me. No issues with "Remove Claimjumpers". Just was careful not to use EMP when some advocacy shown up.

First impressions on Sentinel vs Prospectors and Sentries.

Prospectors are not really fighters, but sometimes it feels like Sentinel is not that nimble and sometimes has troubles to catch up. Maybe it's just a habit from medium and light fighters. It also sometimes seems like Sentinel doesn't have enough gun firepower, as it sometimes takes too long to take a Prospector down. After taking down about 20 of them, started to realise how powerful Sentinel can really be if you aim the distortion guns correctly. It melts the shields really fast, and then just use the Attrition to finish them off while keeping them immobile with distortion guns. EMP is sick. Feels somewhat like Hawk. Using boom-zoom with burst-melting shields, then EMP, then finish off a knocked-out target.

It was even easier with Sentries, as they are large and immobile. Honestly, I was even very surprised how quickly and easily the Sentinel dispatches the Sentries. The distortion guns/EMP (even without) knocks Sentries out, and you finish them off while they can't even shoot back as you keep them knocked out with distortion guns. It even felt way easier to do this mission in Sentinel than in a Connie, which took quite some time to take down a Sentry, since Connie's default guns are not distortion.

Now I'm thinking about components upgrade as I'd like a but longer sustained fire, a bit better shields etc.

But here is the question. Sentinel comes with all Stealth components by default. Full Industrial loadout seems to give the highest values (power, cooling, etc.) but seems sluggish on power distribution etc. Military loadout seems potent, and resistant to distortion if used against you, but creates a bit of signature increase. Stealth seems to be OK, but not as beefy as Military.

Any advice on which (A-class I assume) components to put on Sentinel: Military or Stealth? Or Industrial?

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I am quite sure this is not true; crimestats do NOT go down/away over time, and I'm not sure if they ever did.
That is correct, they never did go down over time.
My limited experience with crimestat supports this. At least, I never saw mine decrease, and I probably spent a couple of hours here and there with a level 1-3 crimestat trying to get cryptokeys and taking them to Security Outpost Kareah and trying to remove it that way. One time I succeeded, the other I got shot by someone while waiting for the progress bar to complete. I'd like to think that in 2 x 1 hour or so periods I'd notice some reduction in crimestat if it was going to happen. I didn't. And that's probably peanuts compared to some of you guys who get crimestat all the time. We'd surely know if it reduced.

However, I see why someone might think that they reduce, because the RSI Knowledge Base > Game Support> In-Game Assistance > CRIME RATING page straight up says they do:

HOW CAN I GET RID OF MY CRIMINAL RATING?
The easiest way to get rid of your Criminal Rating is to stay out of trouble and wait. Over time, if you don't commit any further offenses in the 'verse your Criminal Rating will decrease and eventually vanish.

So it's either a help doc bug, or a game bug right? Or, your crimestat reduces so slowly, none of us ever noticed!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My limited experience with crimestat supports this. At least, I never saw mine decrease, and I probably spent a couple of hours here and there with a level 1-3 crimestat trying to get cryptokeys and taking them to Security Outpost Kareah and trying to remove it that way. One time I succeeded, the other I got shot by someone while waiting for the progress bar to complete. I'd like to think that in 2 x 1 hour or so periods I'd notice some reduction in crimestat if it was going to happen. I didn't. And that's probably peanuts compared to some of you guys who get crimestat all the time. We'd surely know if it reduced.

However, I see why someone might think that they reduce, because the RSI Knowledge Base > Game Support> In-Game Assistance > CRIME RATING page straight up says they do:

HOW CAN I GET RID OF MY CRIMINAL RATING?
The easiest way to get rid of your Criminal Rating is to stay out of trouble and wait. Over time, if you don't commit any further offenses in the 'verse your Criminal Rating will decrease and eventually vanish.

So it's either a help doc bug, or a game bug right? Or, your crimestat reduces so slowly, none of us ever noticed!
Yeah I remember that when they first brought out crime stats. It never actually reduced, either via bug or design. Interactions with support and comments on spectrum had lead me to suspect design. For example, there was talk (by CIG) about missions that could reduce your crime, and they do kind of exist but as the mining activity, in prison.
It's kind of funny in a way, you get a punishment for PVP, in a PVP game even while not doing any PVP. My take away from this is CIG doesn't actually want people to do PVP unless they're really really good. If that's supposed to be an incentive, they've kind of got it backwards.

I'm just amused by it. Having a crime stat of level1 gives me a safe time to go for a piss, maybe get another drink. 2 is a snack and drink (nods to Isaac Arthur), 3 and higher is time for a nap, maybe go shopping with my wife, that sort of stuff - or go to sleep because it's not like I ever get enough. I mean especially if you did nothing to get the crime stat.

Edit: Yeah I kind of repeated myself. Welcome to my world.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Any advice on which (A-class I assume) components to put on Sentinel: Military or Stealth? Or Industrial?
The stealth on the Sentinel seems to be temporarily fubar, so it is not really wise to optimize around it at present despite how much you may want to launch missiles out of the inky black. Despite this I always choose the Eclipse reactors as they appear to be plenty of power. No word on whether the Sukoran is currently functioning as intended, but usually it pairs well with an FR-76 or Umbra to block ballistics. You can only get a Sukoran by buying something like a Prowler or Defender. Highest cooling rate has me always choose the Snowpack. Stealth coolers will allow you to drop your minimum IR slightly lower, but the difference is not enough to make up for the fact the Industrial A coolers do such a better job than anything else at any size. Most times in medium class I would choose Hemera for optimized travel time and range, but the Vanguard has so much range that it will save you playtime to go Crossfield.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
OK, tried "Remove Claimjumpers" instead of bounties, as bounties don't seem to work for me. No issues with "Remove Claimjumpers". Just was careful not to use EMP when some advocacy shown up.

First impressions on Sentinel vs Prospectors and Sentries.

Prospectors are not really fighters, but sometimes it feels like Sentinel is not that nimble and sometimes has troubles to catch up. Maybe it's just a habit from medium and light fighters. It also sometimes seems like Sentinel doesn't have enough gun firepower, as it sometimes takes too long to take a Prospector down. After taking down about 20 of them, started to realise how powerful Sentinel can really be if you aim the distortion guns correctly. It melts the shields really fast, and then just use the Attrition to finish them off while keeping them immobile with distortion guns. EMP is sick. Feels somewhat like Hawk. Using boom-zoom with burst-melting shields, then EMP, then finish off a knocked-out target.

It was even easier with Sentries, as they are large and immobile. Honestly, I was even very surprised how quickly and easily the Sentinel dispatches the Sentries. The distortion guns/EMP (even without) knocks Sentries out, and you finish them off while they can't even shoot back as you keep them knocked out with distortion guns. It even felt way easier to do this mission in Sentinel than in a Connie, which took quite some time to take down a Sentry, since Connie's default guns are not distortion.

Now I'm thinking about components upgrade as I'd like a but longer sustained fire, a bit better shields etc.

But here is the question. Sentinel comes with all Stealth components by default. Full Industrial loadout seems to give the highest values (power, cooling, etc.) but seems sluggish on power distribution etc. Military loadout seems potent, and resistant to distortion if used against you, but creates a bit of signature increase. Stealth seems to be OK, but not as beefy as Military.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. The stock components do everything just fine, and the only increase that matters is take the shields to A class.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
The stealth on the Sentinel seems to be temporarily fubar, so it is not really wise to optimize around it at present despite how much you may want to launch missiles out of the inky black. Despite this I always choose the Eclipse reactors as they appear to be plenty of power. No word on whether the Sukoran is currently functioning as intended, but usually it pairs well with an FR-76 or Umbra to block ballistics. You can only get a Sukoran by buying something like a Prowler or Defender. Highest cooling rate has me always choose the Snowpack. Stealth coolers will allow you to drop your minimum IR slightly lower, but the difference is not enough to make up for the fact the Industrial A coolers do such a better job than anything else at any size. Most times in medium class I would choose Hemera for optimized travel time and range, but the Vanguard has so much range that it will save you playtime to go Crossfield.

Thanks for the above.

Checked the link. Is there any specific reason for selecting size 5 fixed over size 4 gimbaled, as well as Galdereen over Attrition?

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Im gonna jump right in with the worst choice...perhaps. :glorious:
The Valkyrie is my PVE choice for boxes, bunkers and a bit of wandering around moons for loot.:drunk:
If I have enough alcohol I can pull of LVTs etc...:love:
Its a bad choice but my choice of liqueur makes it possible...:o7:

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Thanks for the above.

Checked the link. Is there any specific reason for selecting size 5 fixed over size 4 gimbaled, as well as Galdereen over Attrition?
If going size 5, I'd recommend laser cannons over repeaters. The biggest reason is the projectile speeds are all the same at S5 (700 m/s) and the laser cannons (M7A or Omnisky) do significantly more damage. The Omnisky is less expensive at 59,300 aUEC and they have identical stats. You can get it at HUR L3, Area 18 or New Babbage.

If you go this route (I highly recommend it), replace the four S2 nose guns with 2x EVSD and 2x MVSA. These share the same projectile speed with the S5 laser cannons so your pips will match.

I only run 2x distortion. That seems to be enough to knock down shields quickly without sacrificing too much DPS. It's effective on every PVE target from the smallest up to the Hammerhead.

You can buy the EVSDs (7,200 aUEC each) and MVSAs (9,500 aUEC each) at Cousin Crow's on Orison (Crusader).

The S4 Attrition is good, but the time to kill with the loadout above is significantly shorter once you adapt to the slower firing rate.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
If going size 5, I'd recommend laser cannons over repeaters. The biggest reason is the projectile speeds are all the same at S5 (700 m/s) and the laser cannons (M7A or Omnisky) do significantly more damage. The Omnisky is less expensive at 59,300 aUEC and they have identical stats. You can get it at HUR L3, Area 18 or New Babbage.

If you go this route (I highly recommend it), replace the four S2 nose guns with 2x EVSD and 2x MVSA. These share the same projectile speed with the S5 laser cannons so your pips will match.

I only run 2x distortion. That seems to be enough to knock down shields quickly without sacrificing too much DPS. It's effective on every PVE target from the smallest up to the Hammerhead.

You can buy the EVSDs (7,200 aUEC each) and MVSAs (9,500 aUEC each) at Cousin Crow's on Orison (Crusader).

The S4 Attrition is good, but the time to kill with the loadout above is significantly shorter once you adapt to the slower firing rate.

Thanks for the above.

My concerns with size 5 and EVSD is low speed (700), which means I will need to take a lot of lead, and the ability to keep fire on the target may be more important than raw damage. I envisage this to be a major issue with fast and small targets like M50.

Reactions: Ayeteeone

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
What am I missing?

Why go with EVSD over MVSA?

Burst damage from the MVSA is 504 but the EVSD is only 281.

Forgot your password?