Questions about Marketplace

Originman

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
@Origin_man
I have questions about the marketplace on here and some general principles.
I have some "fun" money and I want to support development a bit more.

If I buy from one of my fellow TEST members who has buybacks available:
* Do the gifted pledges count toward me reaching concierge status?
* If I later melt a gifted pledge, does anything unexpected happen? I assume I cannot later buy it back.
* Are buybacks only available with new cash? Can they be purchased with credit? (This question is the most important, because I want to know CIG is getting the money if I'm spending it)

I guess its about time I should get an Aurora so that I fit in. Though it would be pretty "on-brand" of me to show up in my 100i.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
1. No they do not count towards your money spent on the game.
2. You can buy it back actually and you get the money from it, it's the same as a normal melted package you bought yourself. You just cannot refund it.
3. No, you can use credits to buyback a single pledge every 3 month quarter. You get this thing called a buyback token that is single use per quarter. After you use it if you try to buyback anything else you must use cash.
Using store credit means it is not giftable.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If I buy from one of my fellow TEST members who has buybacks available:
* Do the gifted pledges count toward me reaching concierge status?
nope, it counts towards the person who pays CIG, so for you the seller

* If I later melt a gifted pledge, does anything unexpected happen? I assume I cannot later buy it back.
nothing special happens, at least when you melt standard pledges. Pledges with physical items can't be bought back, special promotions like the AMD never settle pack or Raven can't be bought back. If you melt a CCUd (upgraded) pledge and melt it, then you only can buy back the base pledge, the upgrades get lost. Not the credits.
It has a good side effect. If you get something gifted, then you can't gift it anymore. If you melt the gifted pledge and buy it back with cash, then you can gift it.

* Are buybacks only available with new cash? Can they be purchased with credit? (This question is the most important, because I want to know CIG is getting the money if I'm spending it)
You get a token every 3 months. With this token you can buy 1 pledge back with credits. If you spend this token, then you have to wait for the next token untill you can buy a pledge back with credits. You always can buy back a pledge with cash.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
With the annual November sales right around the corner you might want to hold off on buying anything from the marketplace, except MAYBE LTI tokens, until December.
THIS is good advice!.. buy LTI ships on Marketplace (the lower the value of the LTI ship the more versatile it is ) with the intent to CCU them into the ships you want.

Originman

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
@Origin_man
Unrelated question about ship sales:
How long do concept sales usually stay up?

I like the look of that Valkyrie Drop Pack-WB but I am tempted to wait until the Anniversary sale.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Concept sales always have a cut off date... sometimes it's a week or so but some have been longer..
If you like the Valkyrie now is the time to get it, while it still has it's "original concept" LTI insurance associated with it.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock

I like the look of that Valkyrie Drop Pack-WB but I am tempted to wait until the Anniversary sale.
Usually for a month, I expect the Valkyrie sale to end very soon. Though they have not announced an end date and it's the first ship to be released outside of concept so thats speculation.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1

From what I've seen they're typically 1-4 weeks, at this point I'm guessing they'll drop that concept sale the day before the Anniversary stuff kicks off.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Anniversary sale should be up towards the end of November, as last year's started around thanksgiving holiday.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?