Real talk: likelihood of getting my camera back

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nope! However, I was able to pick up a new body (upgrade from my last one) for "cheap"... but I had to sell one of my rifles to do so.
Sorry to hear, on the plus side if it was only one of you rifles you had to sell you still have at least one rifle and a camera again, and you can shoot with both of them :slight_smile:

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Ouch how much was "Cheap" and where did you get it from? is it operational and actually better than the old one?
$450 for the camera and battery grip. Camera had just over 10k pictures to it's name, and the grip is like new. Strangely enough, there are cameras with more actuations and no grip going for $500+, so yeah, I got a steal. pun intended.

And yes, the K-3 is much better than my old K-50.

Reactions: Ammorn

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
$450 for the camera and battery grip. Camera had just over 10k pictures to it's name, and the grip is like new. Strangely enough, there are cameras with more actuations and no grip going for $500+, so yeah, I got a steal. pun intended.

And yes, the K-3 is much better than my old K-50.
Ooooh, K3. Yum :slight_smile:

I couldn't function without the Horizon Correction function in Pentax cameras :)

Reactions: Ammorn

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Seek retribution. Seek justice. Start prowling the streets at night in a black cowl, ever vigilant for any signs of disorder. Descend upon the wicked from the rooftops with blade bat and boot. Be the creature in the dark that keeps the cruel up at night, soaking their sheets in a cold sweat born of sheer terror. Feed on their fear and let it fuel your holy rampage until every tainted soul is cleansed within your holy fire.

Basically what I'm saying is go out at night and beat youths with a baseball bat until someone remembers seeing your goddamn camera

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Who said "purchased"? I just said "cheap"... as in, saw the camera I wanted and took it...

... off of the marketplace section of the pentax forums
im glad you were able to find a good deal
There are some great deals on that forum :) I live in the wrong country to be able to take advantage of them but still, good deals there.

I'm next looking at a Sigma 18-35 f1.8 that lens is coooool as hell... but then again i've been looking at it since it was announced, don't think i'm actually ever going to be able to afford one.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
There are some great deals on that forum :slight_smile: I live in the wrong country to be able to take advantage of them but still, good deals there.

I'm next looking at a Sigma 18-35 f1.8 that lens is coooool as hell... but then again i've been looking at it since it was announced, don't think i'm actually ever going to be able to afford one.
The Sigma Art lenses are just straight sex.

Case in point

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I have several grand worth of camera gear. I have it all insured through USAA under high value items. If anything is ever broke, water damaged, lost, stolen, etc... it is replaced or repaired if economically feasible. I had water damage to my Canon 1ds mkii (picked up off eBay for 1k). I sent it to a repair shop and since it was out of service they wrote it off as too expensive to repair. USAA cut me a check for the cost of a 1DX which was over 6k at the time. Nothing fraudulent, this was all USAA's idea. So if you have decent insurance and have renters insurance or something else through them, they should offer something similar. It's super cheap monthly ( like 5 bucks or something). VERY WORTH IT. I have the same thing for my laptop. If it cost me a lot of money and is fragile, it's insured. I just don't think they insure big screen TV's.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I have several grand worth of camera gear. I have it all insured through USAA under high value items. If anything is ever broke, water damaged, lost, stolen, etc... it is replaced or repaired if economically feasible. I had water damage to my Canon 1ds mkii (picked up off eBay for 1k). I sent it to a repair shop and since it was out of service they wrote it off as too expensive to repair. USAA cut me a check for the cost of a 1DX which was over 6k at the time. Nothing fraudulent, this was all USAA's idea. So if you have decent insurance and have renters insurance or something else through them, they should offer something similar. It's super cheap monthly ( like 5 bucks or something). VERY WORTH IT. I have the same thing for my laptop. If it cost me a lot of money and is fragile, it's insured. I just don't think they insure big screen TV's.
Great point, renter's insurance is usually pretty cheap. Make sure they cover high value items in the fine print. A lot of people don't think about it, and then one day somebody else in the apartment complex screws up/causes a fire/whatever, and you could be out a lot of money if you don't have insurance.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
There was some "confusion" about renter's insurance. The wife said she was going to get it. She didn't. Apparently, she was quoted something like $100/mo, when we now pay $10/mo... so, hindsight 20/20, yadda yadda

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?