Realistic SC paper maps for Captains/Pilots

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I see the difference, I will go check and see which one is in the correct location and get them to match up :) Thanks for the heads up! By the way any word on the Stanton one?

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
I was suppose to hear back from them today... So i'll see if they are open tomorrow and give them a call. I'm just as anxious as you :)

Last edited:

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Link to my Etsy where you guys can pick up maps easier than anywhere else :) I've been trying to figure this out, thanks to the guy who pointed this out to me :) You know who you are!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StarscapesMapping

EDIT: If somebody could help get this circulating on reddit let me know who you are and where it's posted, I'd be happy to send you some free maps!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Hey everybody! I saw a few threads about cartographers and I posted in there but I wanted to start my own thread to collect some feedback from you guys. I am making what I consider to be realistic, accurate and useful maps (working with what we have, for now) that would be something printed and stored aboard ships. I'm sure most captains would own a full set of the known surveyed galaxy and it would be stored in a dusty cabinet that never gets opened but you never know!

Attached is a PDF copy of the first system I'm working on which is the Odin system. I choose this because of the ongoing discussion about "Find us a home" and it's been brought up a couple of times. I know this might not be our system but it was somewhere for me to start! This is my second version of the map, I made revisions after some feedback from Ducenucom last night, thanks for the help!

Take a look at all the fine details I've got in the map if you would, look it over and give me feedback about the usefulness of the map itself. If there's any extra data or some way to clarify information/add information that would be essential to travel please comment and if it's something I can do and believe is beneficial then I'll add it to the map. Also any maps your input is used in will from that point forward contain your name as well ;)

Also request systems you want me to make and I'll have a list going and start working on it. All of these maps are custom made by me, they are printable on large scale printers and are full sized maps. This Odin system map is 18"x24" but I'm sure more detailed systems will take up a 24"x36" map and smaller systems or important features in systems may use only 11"x17" maps.

Feedback please! Even if it's an "I love it!" or an "It sucks stop doing this /wrist"
Thanks for the maps. I have saved them for reference.
I appreciate the hard work that has gone into making these, thanks for sharing.

Cosmic

Forgot your password?