Realistic SC paper maps for Captains/Pilots

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Absolutely beautiful in its simplicity! Can you do some variations where we have black background and yellow (#FFCC00) or cyan blue (#42EDF8) highlight?

Also request of Leir!
Here is Leir! Does that rhyme? Is it like "LAIR" or LEER?

Also I accept donations in the form of Aurora's ;) lol

Attachments

Last edited:

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Printed them out on 13x19. They look good! (I had some problems printing the PDF files though, it kept crashing Adobe Reader. But printing from the jpegs worked fine [man, that's backwards]. So I'm going to print out Leir when you add it to the Imgur account too.)

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Printed them out on 13x19. They look good! (I had some problems printing the PDF files though, it kept crashing Adobe Reader. But printing from the jpegs worked fine [man, that's backwards]. So I'm going to print out Leir when you add it to the Imgur account too.)

It should be opened and up if you have any problems let me know :) How do they look when it comes to legibility at that size? http://kingnerd.imgur.com/all/

Reactions: mromutt

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov

They look AWESOME.
I'm hopefully moving house in a few months and I will be investing in some large scale versions of these to hang on my new walls.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz

Okay I'm not liking imgur but maybe I fixed it that time?
I can download it from this. I think for people to find it without the direct link, you have to click the Publish to Imgur button. If you're linking to Imgur from the RSI site, you might want to do that.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I can download it from this. I think for people to find it without the direct link, you have to click the Publish to Imgur button. If you're linking to Imgur from the RSI site, you might want to do that.
Crapola I published one, it said I had to wait 15 minutes before each publish :(

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
If anybody wants to get some of these full size maps made shoot me a private message. I can get these printed at work and mail them out to you :) Just let me know which one or which ones you want and we'll go from there! As I said before, if you can print your own feel free to do so but anybody that decides to get them from me will get a full size print and I would be more than happy to "sign and seal" your original copies :)

Reactions: Opiepal

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
Have you thought about having your maps engraved into a sheet of metal like a plate that goes on a sky scraper. That would be awesome to send to CIG... I'd pitch in on the cost... Matter of fact, i'll get it made and send it if your ok with that... :)

Last edited:

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
I'm all for every print you come up with.... just let me know what it costs for your time and shipping.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Have you thought about having your maps engraved into a sheet of metal like a plate that goes on a sky scraper. That would be awesome to send to CIG... I'd pitch in on the cost... Matter of fact, i'll get it made and send it if your ok with that... :)

I'm actually super cool with the idea of sending them a custom metal engraved plate that they could put in the front lobby or out front of a building :) I was working on the Stanton system next for someone and I think that might be an appropriate map to engrave don't you? Isn't that the core system that Squadron 42 revolves around? PM me and we'll put our heads together if you're really wanting to do something like that :)

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
They are looking great, hopefully at some point I can go get myself some prints :)

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
It's easy to hit the limit on the number of pics on a free Imgur account, be forewarned

PM me if you want me to create a shared folder on a spare Google Drive account

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Forgot your password?