Realistic SC paper maps for Captains/Pilots

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Now all you need to do is draw them by hand on aged velum with a quill and we'll be in the middle ages of space travel!
If I break down and chemical bath homemade blue prints, I'll be going above and beyond for that last little bit of "old age" feel to my star charts. I don't think I'll be breaking out a quill any time soon lol

Reactions: Ryan2534

Sawbones

Captain
Sep 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Sawbones
These are awesome! I also up-voted on Citizen Spotlight. If you can't add images to the spotlight, I would recommend 1 large post with all the work you have done. Again, great work!

Ryan2534

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
MontoyasNipples
These are awesome! I also up-voted on Citizen Spotlight. If you can't add images to the spotlight, I would recommend 1 large post with all the work you have done. Again, great work!
NYX map was dopeeee. I would also agree here with sawbones. Do one large post with all the maps for sure. I upvoted on the community post as well. Everyone loves it. I bet if you send these to the CIG office and CR see's them he will love them, no doubt in my mind. Then you can sell them and make bank. Remember us when you're famous King! DONT FORGET USSssssssss!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Oh shit, Disco Lando gave me props and that shit is awesome ;) Thanks for pushing the votes up guys if it weren't for the support of TEST not only would I not be up there at number one but I also WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THIS GAME ENOUGH TO MAKE THE MAPS IN THE FIRST PLACE! This is a victory for TEST squadron, BEST squardon!

Ryan2534

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
MontoyasNipples
Oh shit, Disco Lando gave me props and that shit is awesome ;) Thanks for pushing the votes up guys if it weren't for the support of TEST not only would I not be up there at number one but I also WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THIS GAME ENOUGH TO MAKE THE MAPS IN THE FIRST PLACE! This is a victory for TEST squadron, BEST squardon!
Victory for all of us and YOU especially with your hard work and dedication! Disco Lando throwin you mad props and Staff Pick AND Citizen Spotlight! You MADE IT TO THE TOP! MAH BOYYYY! btw a lot of people are talking about putting distances on the maps but idk how hard that would be?

Reactions: KingNerd

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
Hey KingNerd - Glad to see you got citizen spotlight / Staff pick :)

I would love to see a book of star maps :)

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Victory for all of us and YOU especially with your hard work and dedication! Disco Lando throwin you mad props and Staff Pick AND Citizen Spotlight! You MADE IT TO THE TOP! MAH BOYYYY! btw a lot of people are talking about putting distances on the maps but idk how hard that would be?
I think being a map it's probably stupid important to have things like, i dont know, measurements? So yeah I should go and add those lol ;) The thing is when I was making the map I didnt see a way to get measurements and since I've been playing with the star map sometimes it gives good distances but other times it gives crap or different numbers. I don't know if they have that part working or not yet to be honest but if I can get it locked down I'll be able to easily go back and edit measurements into the maps.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I think being a map it's probably stupid important to have things like, i dont know, measurements? So yeah I should go and add those lol ;) The thing is when I was making the map I didnt see a way to get measurements and since I've been playing with the star map sometimes it gives good distances but other times it gives crap or different numbers. I don't know if they have that part working or not yet to be honest but if I can get it locked down I'll be able to easily go back and edit measurements into the maps.
can the measurements part of the legend be measured in auroras? :3

Ryan2534

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
MontoyasNipples
Yeah, I hope you can get em in there with the later maps like if you do one of the big posts to the community with a bunch of maps. CANT WAIT :D

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
This is bloody amazing, man! Aside from printing them out and hanging, which would add infinite amounts of swag to any room :), if you made enough and put together a catalog, I'd totally rather use these than in-game maps for long jumps. You know, don't make the computers smarter than you...

But great job so far, everything is awesome. I agree with the colour thing though.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
can the measurements part of the legend be measured in auroras? :3
I think if we tried that we wouldn't be able to put that number in a calculator very well lol

But I think payments for the maps can be made in Aurora's ;)

EDIT: You can use the PDF's I put here in the forum to print your own at a large format print shop, I don't know how they would look on a normal sheet of paper but I assume not very legible.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I just made an IMGUR account to upload the maps to in JPG format since I can't update my citizen spotlight post. All I can edit there is text, adding images after the initial post isn't built out yet so I can't do anything about it until they update the site.

Here's the imgur, though you guys who've been following the post don't need it :)

Forgot your password?