Really - food and water

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Ok... Chris Roberts... I assume you go to the airport with some frequency like me. I hate having to go and find food and water in the middle of the town. So put the darn food and water in the space ports! Also, let us load our ships with provisions, just like any other maritime company.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Right now this is just a waste of time, trying to find stuff to eat and drink, when it is in stock you are in luck already !!! and not to die when you forget to put your helmet back on after eating. That will be reworked for sure.
Yeah, I just died 3 times in a row to this helmet off thing. The ui shows one thing ("put on" when it's already on so it takes it off), the mobiglass ui shows another (it looks like it's on when it isn't), the animations for taking off and putting em on don't play sometimes and the hud doesn't refresh to the in-helmet HUD, and also as it is part of the "armor takes ages to refresh upon equip" bug, it's almost impossible to tell what's actually going on. Oh, and ofc respawning sometimes puts it back on, sometimes doesn't.
It's an absolute total fucking mess right now.

Most of this could go away pretty fast if the changing-room-cabinets next to the airlocks would work!

As for the food, it's currently stupid. We need storage and persistence of said storage and items for it to not be an unnecessary hassle.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think the main issue is that on planets you gotta take the bus/tram to the center to find a food vendor, cos non of em are working at the spaceports. This takes a lot of time, and it's not very immersive either. It should be an easy fix, just plop down some food carts temporarily in every major spaceport, so we don't have to take 10+ minutes just to find a damn hotdog...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Get MRE’s and some water and put it in storage in your armor. You lose it if you die, but it’s very low cost. That way you can eat any time you have atmosphere and are out of a seat (sorry single seat fighter pilots)

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
This is being changed as we speak. Food and beverages will be available near ASOP terminals.

Also, beginning with 3.11 you will be able to take multiple water bottles, cans and chocolate bars with you, and store them in your backpack, personal storage slots and vehicle storage bins even, like ROC's.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I usually go Olisar, you can get water from Casaba and food from... it's either the gun shop or the Armour shop. Can't see why my ships don't spawn with at the very least some ration packs and emergency fluid pods or watever though. My 'Farer has a whole kitchen but no roast chicken? The dealership let me down, man. Not even a packet of biscuits.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I usually go Olisar, you can get water from Casaba and food from... it's either the gun shop or the Armour shop. Can't see why my ships don't spawn with at the very least some ration packs and emergency fluid pods or watever though. My 'Farer has a whole kitchen but no roast chicken? The dealership let me down, man. Not even a packet of biscuits.
Yeah, exactly! My supposedly luxurious 300i should come with a bottle of champagne and a selection of exotic cheese!
Hey CR, I want my cheese!!

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Honestly, Non functional coffee makers, soda machines, refrigerators. Manned out posts where NPCs starve to death behind a counter,.... cats and dogs living together,..Blah,..Blah,..blah. I imagine one day in the near future (geologically speaking) it should all come together,..LOL :o7:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah, exactly! My supposedly luxurious 300i should come with a bottle of champagne and a selection of exotic cheese!
Hey CR, I want my cheese!!
You got a hell yeah from me for the cheese.

I want a cheese wheel I can roll down the slopes of Yelas biggest mountain and chase in my G12 talking pot-shots at it like some strange rich person bloodless bloodsport. Energy weapon so if I score a hit I gots me some insta-grilled cheese. I mean this is the only reason for food in games, isn't it?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I dont mind food and drink mechanics.

I do mind having to press F, right click, navigate to helmet, take off helmet, go to inventory, get water, drink water, drink more water, put bottle down, navigate back to helmet, helmet back on, exit menu, double check to make sure helmet is on head by going to 3rd peson.

You are now hydrated.

Bitch please, let my suit deliver my nutrients intravenously!

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner

I do mind having to press F, right click, navigate to helmet, take off helmet, go to inventory, get water, drink water, drink more water, put bottle down, navigate back to helmet, helmet back on, exit menu, double check to make sure helmet is on head by going to 3rd peson.

You are now hydrated.

But....but.....how else will we weed out the incompetent menu navigators????

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

You are now hydrated.

Easy fix for this...bring on the stillsuits (from the books, none of the adaptations get them right)

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
You should be able to grab food at your ships mess/ food dispenser and it gets restocked every time you fill up with fuel and weapons.

They should obviously have hundreds of uses before they run out, but CIG should have made them functional when the brought the mechanic in.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You should be able to grab food at your ships mess/ food dispenser and it gets restocked every time you fill up with fuel and weapons.
That's a treat idea! It'd be nice if the restock showed you how much you had left in your stores, too - both fuel, ammo and food/water.

In deep space and still have five toilet rolls? Well, that should get you to the next planet where they sell for 2cr a piece, not 25cr as in this port in the middle of nowhere.

Forgot your password?