marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Delta has a trunk??? Stock it is equiped with 2 Badgers and 2 M3A laser cannons. 2 laser repeaters and 2 laser cannons. I always thought that the 2nd ammobox was the spare ammo, but as a matter of fact:
the Freelancer MIS is ideal for independent security contractors as well as small local militia, law enforcement, or anyone who requires a formidable deterrent or some heavy-duty backup. This MIS version trades in the original Freelancer’s massive cargo capacity for an automated missile storage and
reloading system, ...
The MIS has an automated missile storage and reloading system.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I always thought that the 2nd ammobox was the spare ammo
Go take a look at the Jump Point magazine with the Mustang design files (forgot which number could it be). It's my favorite single issue. You can see the beautifully designed Beta interior and the Delta "trunk".

The MIS missile system it's supposed to be similar to the torpedo loading system on the Retaliator.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The problem I always see with the MIS is that for $60 more you can get an Andromeda, and though it doesn't launch S3 missiles, it carries so many missiles I think I would prefer it. Now that the S3's are faster, it is a harder call for me. If they make S3s available for the Connies, I would choose them in a heartbeat. And of course this is what CIG wants--constant pressure to upgrade. From the Connie you can go to the Tally. Imagine if you could put 60 S3 missiles with 6 launchers on the Tally. That would cause a panic, and I think the ship is big enough.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The problem I always see with the MIS is that for $60 more you can get an Andromeda, and though it doesn't launch S3 missiles, it carries so many missiles I think I would prefer it.
From the Connie you can go to the Tally.
Well, I have the MIS and the Tali. The MIS can be operated by 1 person, the Connie needs some gunners to be effective, the Tali can only shoot torpedoes with a pilot, it really depends on gunners for self defense.

Imagine if you could put 60 S3 missiles with 6 launchers on the Tally. That would cause a panic, and I think the ship is big enough.

The torpedo loading system of the Tali really is a system, not a simple S9 missile / torpedo rack mount. To accommodate missiles, they should make modules like the cargo / living / torpedo module.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the MIS can carry 6 S3s, but its reload capabilities are limited to its S2s

it can be configured to carry 20 or 40 reloads in addition to the 12 on the wings

Forgot your password?