Rebele93...signing on

Rebele93

Lieutenant
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Rebele93
Hello everyone in Test Squadron!

I am just getting started with Star Citizen and am currently in the process of figuring out what control scheme works best for me.

I purchased a HOTAS(Saitek Pro X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. Video Game Flight Controller) but it doesn't look like the game has been set up to use this system yet, so I've been playing with mouse+Keyboard. I also have a logitec extreme 3d pro joystick, but I tried it and couldn't get comfortable with aiming while using the Joystick. for now, I'll stick with M+K until there is a better control default available for my HOTAS system.

I fly a Gladius and could use some suggestions as far as the best weapon upgrades. I have not really done much key-mapping as I'm not sure where to begin or what settings should be modified to make things easier.

Things are going well so far and I've already completed a few missions, but I'm spending most of my time in the Electronic Access while trying to master flying. (I'm still pretty bad at remembering the necessary keystrokes)

I've also had some difficulties getting the missles to lock-on, and then fire using my 3rd mouse button. Seems like I get a ship roll to the right when I press the 3rd mouse button, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is set to make that happen or how to fix it.

Hope to meet many of you guys online soon and tag up for some multi-crew gaming.

Cheers,
Rebele93

Rebele93

Lieutenant
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Rebele93
sorry. a bit more info I left out...

Where you from stranger? Louisville, Colorado
What drew you to Star Citizen? Kickstarter + Hype train
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc) Exploration... PVP... multi-crew ships
What was the first game you remember playing? Pong. (I'm 47)
What other games do you play? a few years back I upgraded my computer to a gaming system and started playing Battlefield 4
How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join? Youtube Montoya videos

Picard or Kirk? Picard...duh

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Welcome to TEST Rebele :D

I purchased a HOTAS(Saitek Pro X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. Video Game Flight Controller) but it doesn't look like the game has been set up to use this system yet, so I've been playing with mouse+Keyboard.
I also have a logitec extreme 3d pro joystick, but I tried it and couldn't get comfortable with aiming while using the Joystick
I fly a Gladius and could use some suggestions as far as the best weapon upgrades
With the default curve of the Logitec extreme 3d pro, flying a Gladius is hell
I've also had some difficulties getting the missles to lock-on, and then fire using my 3rd mouse button
My solution would be to use the Saitek, it never will be set up good, you must do that yourself, check the tech forum or search for Hotas or Saitek. There is enough info, otherwise just ask.
You also can fly with the mouse and keyboard, @CosmicTrader is good with them, other members will be too, just ask.

Keep the beer cold and always have a plan on how to crash into the nearest object.
That also helps very good when flying :p

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
47!? :confused: *sigh* Where are all the young, crunchy, crispy, luscious boys @Montoya promised me before I signed in at TESTsquadron?

(Thats why I like going to the gym :D)

Oh, welcome anyway @Rebele93 (shouldn't it be Rebele69 or Rebele1969?) - still, good thoughts and conversation is also necessary, isn't it? And this is the central of allll the...well...thoughts at least they are...here...around...somewhere...when... Eeeerrrr.... @CrudeSasquatch ...!? (--> he's the local master of quality conversation, you know...?)

Forgot your password?