REC Ships

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
To my understanding, and personal experience, 3.0 is only allowing access to the most recent REC purchase; so best to only do a single massive purchase once you know everything you want until you get more REC.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
To my understanding, and personal experience, 3.0 is only allowing access to the most recent REC purchase; so best to only do a single massive purchase once you know everything you want until you get more REC.
Just to clarify, this means if I were to rent 5 ships at the same time, all in the one REC store order, I would have access to them all for as long as they last?
But if I were to rent these 5 ships separately, with 5 separate orders one after the other, then I would only have access to the 5th one?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Just to clarify, this means if I were to rent 5 ships at the same time, all in the one REC store order, I would have access to them all for as long as they last?
But if I were to rent these 5 ships separately, with 5 separate orders one after the other, then I would only have access to the 5th one?
Exactly. I've only used REC for weapons so far and that is exactly how it worked. I've seen people in-game commenting that is how using REC for ships worked out for them as well (they had two ships from REC in a single order, did a new order a few days later for a single ship, the first two disappeared and the third appeared.)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I need to have a go of the retaliator and torpedo people from 15km away for fun.

I have plenty of REC as well so might try the Sabre also as I've only tried it once or twice after stealing them.
You may want to wait...the radars all seem to be "broken" or at least, not as functional as they were before? I think with 3.0 they have us all on one or two radar models...I may be wrong...

In any event, I can't lock on anything farther than 12 km right now in my Tali...in 2.6.3, depending on the ship and the type of torpedoes, I could lock on 15-20km away and kill ships. My fave moment in 2.6.3 was doing the first ICC mission, swinging wide to the right to avoid the main channel to the beacon (with all the pirates), targeting 2 pirates from about 15km out, launching two torpedoes, and watching my radar as they tracked down the pirates and killed them.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Exactly. I've only used REC for weapons so far and that is exactly how it worked. I've seen people in-game commenting that is how using REC for ships worked out for them as well (they had two ships from REC in a single order, did a new order a few days later for a single ship, the first two disappeared and the third appeared.)
Today I went ahead and tried to rent 7 ships, in a single order, for a total of something like 66k REC. Went to Port Oli, checked and only 1 ship was there from my order. Looking at the ship change list in arena commander gave me the same result, only the Buccanneer was added to my list. It was the last ship added on the order form.
Strange thing is that my last REC rental ship, a Warden, is still there in the list and flyable.

Anyways, I'm considering placing a ticket on the website to get some of my REC back, as I want to play the game for more then 7 times before 3.1 comes out, but I don't want to lose half my REC earned on nothing.

ps: tried deleting user folder, no change. So I went into pirate swarm to beat it again (done it in PTU once) with my Vanguard Warden. Radar doesn't seem to work at all in that ship. I got up to wave 8, without taking any damage, so I was in my happy place! Then the game froze dead at 36 minutes in... Was very disappointed.
Then I went into PU and did the PI mission for a change of pace, and to earn some money to spend on swag and guns. It took a long time as EVA was choppy for some reason, and only got paid 74aUEC I think?
So, kinda annoying day with SC overall.

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
Yes there's an issue with single orders as well now, you only get the first item on the purchase list. I had the same issue and they replied to my ticket with an apology and a refund of the REC. Made back the REC in one day's worth of racing though, so not really a problem for me. Just wish they fix it by the time 3.1 comes out.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
I only hope they wouldn't fix a chance to bring REC ships to the PU before they allow purchases of ships for aUECs (which will not happen anytime soon I guess )

Reactions: Deroth

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yes there's an issue with single orders as well now, you only get the first item on the purchase list. I had the same issue and they replied to my ticket with an apology and a refund of the REC. Made back the REC in one day's worth of racing though, so not really a problem for me. Just wish they fix it by the time 3.1 comes out.
Went ahead with the refund request, and I got it! In a few hours they removed all the stuff and returned my REC.

Edit: after many tries, the game didn't freeze and didn't disconnect or thrown any other errors, so I finally did on the live server! Pirate Swarm beaten! So no more need for many ships at once, I'll REC rent 'em one by one now!
ScreenShot0387.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
That sucks that REC is broken in a new way now, but at least that shows they're actively working on it.

Yeah, missions pay terribly, if you want to make real aUEC then you have to do cargo.

If you have less than 2000 aUEC and have a ship with a cargo hold that is accessible externally then you can do cargo missions to recover from wrecks. With these pick up as much extra cargo as you can then find locations that buy them (with a little luck this should get you well over 2000 aUEC.)

Once you have over 2000 aUEC you can start doing self-determined cargo runs.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?