Reddit repost - 'We Can't all be Pirates'

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I think a lot of people are missing the point of the OP's post. The game mechanic isn't there yet, so they're asking us as a community to make griefing not worth it.

I, MzHartz, pledge to do my part to deter griefers if I can.

Who else will sign this pledge?

If you see a griefer in game, call them out in chat. Explain what they are doing. And if there are those of us that hate griefers in that server, we will come eliminate them. I know I am not alone in this.

I have a philosophy to not start fights (unless it's with @RedLir , and even then, I try to get him to shoot first). But just like everyone else, I've gotten a bit bored in the 'verse. I also enjoy dogfighting. But I'm not a fan of nonconsensual PVP.

I am also a Public Enemy right now. I did not get there by griefing. I turned off 4 com arrays, and killed Sgt Gamble after he shot at me during a dogfight (love ya, @Gamble mwah!). I have stayed a Public Enemy by hanging out around the ICC probe and other monitored areas and waiting for people to come fight me. (Keep in mind before picking a fight, your opponent may have bodyguards.) If they leave me alone, I do not engage them.

If someone says in chat, "There's a Public Enemy at the ICC probe, let's gang up and go get 'em!" I'm all for it. That's the way it should work, and I'm all about that fight.

If there is someone randomly attacking other people in their spaceships, I encourage people to call them out in chat. "So and so is pirating, killing people at XXXXX." And my reply will be, "Let's go get 'em!" (Yes, even as a Public Enemy. I'm not all bad.)

If there is someone griefing by shooting stationary ships, or ramming into stationary ships, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say something in chat about it. Over and over again to be sure everyone knows. And my reply will be to call them unsavory things, express my hate for griefers, and then say, "Let's go get 'em!"

So, everyone who hates griefers, will you join me? Let's go get 'em!!!!!

Forgot your password?