Redeemers!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I like the armory in the troop bay, there look to be a bunch of gun racks. Now, "m also curious about the panels fore of the troop seats; they look like they might be armor lockers or something. It'd be kind of neat to have that in addition to the weapon storage.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I like the armory in the troop bay, there look to be a bunch of gun racks. Now, "m also curious about the panels fore of the troop seats; they look like they might be armor lockers or something. It'd be kind of neat to have that in addition to the weapon storage.
Or beer storage...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Who else is super-happy with the recently announced loadout changes?
I for one was happy with the ship as it was initially, then excited when they were beefing up the turret size and adding 2 fixed guns. But 2 fixed guns, increased turret and missile sizes, and 2 additional class 4 turrets? Oh yes, there will be blood. Now I want them to finish the animation phase so I can get into all the nooks and crannies, not just the main cabin, galley and troop bay.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The Redeemer needed that buff.

I wonder why they waited this long, why was it not buffed from the start? Do they need the community to freak out over how underwhelming it was first?

Reactions: Walex

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

I wonder why they waited this long, why was it not buffed from the start? Do they need the community to freak out over how underwhelming it was first?
Doubtful, it was probably going to be buffed irrespective of the community outcry during a balance pass at a later date; all the freakout probably did was bump up the balance pass from "some time in the future" to "now."

On a side note, is this the part where I get to be a redeemer hipster, since I've been all about it since it won TNGS, even in the face of derision and lampooning in teampseak?

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex

Yep. That is one sexy stats update, and certainly well deserved! If I had any doubts about the price before, they've certainly been quelled.

[Sigh]...

Pulls out credit card.

Reactions: CitizenDad

paqman

Captain
May 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Paqman
As a redeemer owner, I was very happy with the recent buffs and I think they were extremely needed. For a "gunship", it didn't really have many guns but I think the update has helped that out some. I am excited for what this ship will be able to do, considering its HUGE power plant for its size. Only thing I am wondering about is how the unmanned "flank" turrets are supposed to work. According to the stat page, I believe that they are the same guns mounted to the side of the freelancer (Kroneg FL33 size4). All in all, I am happy while I got the thing while it was still on LTI.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
They'll probably work the same way the freelancer's do. Either slaved to pilot look, or farmed out to gunnery consoles inside the ship.

paqman

Captain
May 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Paqman
I myself am not a big fan of having to aim guns while piloting. I am hoping there will be a way to put that responsibility on the copilot or something of that nature

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
How many packages do I need. So many sad face. Bought another after the buff.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
You can always borrow one of ours. LTI so no fear.

Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
lol cheers guys ... Im more likely to be sat in the back waiting to be dropped off ready to take over a station for the glory of TEST

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Dammit, I bought one before the buffs with the idea that it could hold a place for a Merchantman if/when those are put back on the store. But now it might just be a for-real purchase in it's own right, it is one formidable SOB now.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Redeemer to keep and a handful of Heralds to use for LTI upgrading.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Why did I even read this thread.... no no no! I will not buy this ship. I need a fighter ship.. but its a fighter with the ability to land troops and to knock out and re-distribute capital ships and such.... but no.. no no no.

And beefed up too.... no I got the new laptop... nope.. Gotta hold out and be strong here.

Forgot your password?