REGULAR DISCORD MEETING!?

What would be the best day to have a meeting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Everyone is focussing on events and news, but keep in mind that (I believe) the purpose of these meetings is to get TESTies to hang out with each other more.
I love it when my TESTies hang out!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
People dont do this already?
Yes, live chat is full everyday, and we have one of the busiest voice comms on all of discord, but only a fraction of our total members visit live chat.

Some people like hanging out on RSI forums, some people like hanging out here on these forums, and others are more active in Discord. This is meet up is a concerted effort to have all these groups come into live chat for an hour or two.

Live chat is also a bit intimidating for some people.

Coming into a large group like ours, the new arrivals may need a little nudge to get them in here and chatting.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Yes, live chat is full everyday, and we have one of the busiest voice comms on all of discord, but only a fraction of our total members visit live chat.

Some people like hanging out on RSI forums, some people like hanging out here on these forums, and others are more active in Discord. This is meet up is a concerted effort to have all these groups come into live chat for an hour or two.

Coming into a large group like ours, the new arrivals may need a little nudge to get them in here and chatting.

I know this applies to me. I'm not socially awkward, just never been a part of a large internet voice chat. Some people are just weird and have their own cliques already, and if you don't have the same mentality it's hard to maintain a convo.

EMAN5150

Captain
Apr 6, 2016
RSI Handle
EMAN5150
Maybe have a admin in each time zone have a meeting that gives an overview main topics as each time zone may work for grouping us in to a smaller chat with admin having them at a time that works for them kind of like a military set up with some cases the other time zone works better for scheduling for individuals but the same topics are brought up. Then smaller groups and break off and go deeper into a topic. Time zone groups info goes back up the the line with subgroup points also. But meeting time are key to this the military and corporations do this as big as we are to be effective a common meeting would unite us all

"Test squadron is the best squadron"

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
I'm new around here, and don't know the cadence of things yet. Heck, I haven't even loaded Discord yet! But, that will be easy.

I like once a month. Is there a way to record portions so that those who miss it, whether time zones, or that's when they work, or they are out drinking, etc, they can catch up to it later, just like Montoya's monthly updates. I know my schedule changes every damn day, and much of it is out of my direct control (i.e. my wife is the social director).

Just my $0.02

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
I find beer helps
Maybe have a admin in each time zone have a meeting that gives an overview main topics as each time zone may work for grouping us in to a smaller chat with admin having them at a time that works for them kind of like a military set up with some cases the other time zone works better for scheduling for individuals but the same topics are brought up. Then smaller groups and break off and go deeper into a topic. Time zone groups info goes back up the the line with subgroup points also. But meeting time are key to this the military and corporations do this as big as we are to be effective a common meeting would unite us all

"Test squadron is the best squadron"
Again, nothing with admins/leadership. The point of these 'meetings', actually lets call it a get together. is just about us normal TESTies hanging out.

Forgot your password?