Reliant Variants

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
With the announcement of the MISC Reliant Variants is anyone else going to purchase one? I purchased the base reliant when they first announced it, so I melted my Aurora LN to get the skirmisher, since I was already conflicted having a reliant and Cutlass black (those were my only 3 ships). Now I feel like I have a good fighter and my cutlass for hauling and exploring.

The variants are:
mini hauler (base): extra cargo
researcher: further range and sensors
news van: gimballed camera
skirmisher: better weapons and armor

what are your thoughts on the variants? Will/did you purchase a new ship or upgrade?

Slycer

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slycer42
I picked up the Sen. Seems a pretty capable explorer and will fit in nicely with my Freelancer. The larger question now is do I really *need* my Beloved Avenger Titan....... sigh

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well when the Reliant first came up for Concept Sale I bought 3 of them because I liked the Variants they had listed for the future. Having said that I got the Tana and Sen CCUs and upgraded 2 of my 3 while keeping the base Kore model as the 3rd. Personally I don't see myself getting into the New Van one ever so I didn't get it.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Melted my 315p and CCU'd my old LTI Kore to a Sen. Seemed like an easy move considering that my fleet is more science/exploration themed. The 315p is probably the better explorer, but I've never been a big lover of the 300's. I'll probably pick one up after focusing on reacquiring an Aquila.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
To be honest, I am currently totally unsure if I'll keep my Reliant Kore - or upgrade her to a Freelancer MAX. Or if I'll by a Drake, upgrade then to a FL MAX and keep the Reliant - although this doesn't make any sense, does it?

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
My personal urges are for the Reliant variants... unfortunately for all three of them :-P
For the Kore, I have the Titan.
I won't be changing that.

But then I already have a Freelancer Dur and am on the fence between the Prospector and Max...

Oh well :-)

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
But you see, there's still value there... sell the bolo, the coat... trade up the suit...
you could scrounge something...
maybe get a couple alpha-cred for the wallet, for that matter...

Why, yer nearly *rich*! =)

[Edit: Until yer down to the tighty whities, yer not broke :-p Jest really really bent]

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I thought this was Pokemon. Don't we have to catch them all? All the ships. All the variants?

Haha.

Sam, I like your second though. Buy the Drake Buccaneer. If you don't like it, upgrade it to the Max for LTI. Then you get to keep that pretty pretty Reliant.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I thought this was Pokemon. Don't we have to catch them all? All the ships. All the variants?

Haha.

Sam, I like your second though. Buy the Drake Buccaneer. If you don't like it, upgrade it to the Max for LTI. Then you get to keep that pretty pretty Reliant.
Gotta spend it all. Hard earned money!

Forgot your password?