Reliant Variants

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
I am questioning whether to get a Reliant researcher, 315 or DUR as my smaller ship to go with the Aquila as the best explorer combination? Until I get opportunity to fly the Reliant I am not sure? I like to look but functionality and handling performance is more important than the look.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
The reliant would look great next to my Starfarer, but it looks like I will be buying one in-game. I want to see how they end up solving the issue where you can't get out of your seat while in flight mode.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I intended to CCU my LTI reliant to something bigger - BUT it looks like such a cool frikkin ship ima have to keep it.

It will be a great starter ship to start out with on you're first few missions (don't forget, when you start the game with ~5000uec = you aint gonna have enough money to fill up you're freelancer/connie cargo bay let alone a starfarer or Hull D.

It looks like it could be a good general getting around vessel. it could be a good low key special delivery vessel for more covert ops, it could be good for racing depending on how it handles. It could be good for exploration. I wonder what it would be like as a small nimble dogfighter kitted out with guns and missiles. I think it be very versatile!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Anyone notice the Kore does not have a single S2 reactor as anticipated? It has a pair of S1's which is vastly better. You may for instance, lay in a low signature with an extra cooler for primary and a high output, uncooled model for secondary, and you would be very stealthy until the secondary kicked in. Very nice.

Seems very explodey when bumping asteroids.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Anyone notice the Kore does not have a single S2 reactor as anticipated? It has a pair of S1's which is vastly better. You may for instance, lay in a low signature with an extra cooler for primary and a high output, uncooled model for secondary, and you would be very stealthy until the secondary kicked in. Very nice.

Seems very explodey when bumping asteroids.
"Explodey when bumping asteroids." Hahaha, hilarious. Perfect for TEST.
I haven't flown her yet. I do have 2.5 installing though...
I'll find one to crash. Test her out.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
"Explodey when bumping asteroids." Hahaha, hilarious. Perfect for TEST.
Some of the earlier description, and one that I think still survives in the official description, is that the Reliant sports special Xi'an armor. I've wondered what one might have to sacrifice to put Void Amour on it, or if what is there already has some stealth aspects. The fact that it crumpled so quickly when bumping an asteroid leads me to believe it is very lightly armored.

Could be the whole point of the Reliant is actually as a short haul smuggler's ship, and it is very stealthy. Would be good if someone could see how far away it shows on sensors compared to other ships. Needs two people.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
From some flying and fighting with pirates last night. The Kore can be upgunned with fixed S3's on the wingtips. It is a glass cannon in a fight, the wings will shear with a moderate amount of damage. In perspective, each wing is a third of the ship. Lose both wings and you will lose all guns and 90% maneuver, and all main thrust.

This is the Kore, do not expect it to face Hornets or Sabers. Even when the Skirmisher is released it will not stack up, I expect it *will* be up armored and hold it's own against mid-tier fighters.

It Can face NPC pirates, survive and depending on the pilot, no damage sustained. I have yet to throw it into AC.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
From some flying and fighting with pirates last night. The Kore can be upgunned with fixed S3's on the wingtips. It is a glass cannon in a fight, the wings will shear with a moderate amount of damage. In perspective, each wing is a third of the ship. Lose both wings and you will lose all guns and 90% maneuver, and all main thrust.

This is the Kore, do not expect it to face Hornets or Sabers. Even when the Skirmisher is released it will not stack up, I expect it *will* be up armored and hold it's own against mid-tier fighters.

It Can face NPC pirates, survive and depending on the pilot, no damage sustained. I have yet to throw it into AC.
I was afraid for the big wings in combat. You really must take care that you roll the ship so you can deal the most damage and keep a small profile towards your targets to take as less as posible damage. The Reliant will be perfect to train those two abilities.
I still must wait to fly it. Last wave :D

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
"Glass Cannon" is what I was expecting. That will be fine if it has stealth going for it. If a Tana can sneak up and only appear on sensors in the last second or two, and unload 8 Jokers on target for just a second or two, it can completely immobilize most targets. You don't have to worry about getting hit if no one is shooting at you.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
"Glass Cannon" is what I was expecting. That will be fine if it has stealth going for it. If a Tana can sneak up and only appear on sensors in the last second or two, and unload 8 Jokers on target for just a second or two, it can completely immobilize most targets. You don't have to worry about getting hit if no one is shooting at you.
I'll see if this is a possibility. I bought one last night with the Aurora to Reliant deal.

Forgot your password?