Retaliator demo

Woodie

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2015
RSI Handle
CRUlSER
Dont forget they will be releasing Variants as well, something may catch your eye. As it stands though i would say keep the SH, MIS & Delta

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Dont forget they will be releasing Variants as well, something may catch your eye. As it stands though i would say keep the SH, MIS & Delta
Did some calculation, I might get the Retaliator by melting just SH and MIS. SH I don't like, that one I would happily melt (I'm a Delta man myself, love that little green-engined bastard). But MIS... Mixed feelings about that one. I like the concept of medium size missile boat, but is it any good in the end? Missiles are easily evaded by some quick moves and flare/chaff. Can MIS actually do any real damage? Too early to tell, I know. But still, all that 'Tali firepower... kinda... lures me.

Last edited:

Woodie

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2015
RSI Handle
CRUlSER
The tali can switch its torpedo's for similar missile pods that the MIS uses, it just has the added bonus of 5 turrets and looking like a sexy beast.
Modular wise the torpedo bay to cargo bay will probably be similar size to the freelancer

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If its possible, I will fit my tali with flak cannons so my drunk aiming NPC's, or my drunk cohorts can ding intercepters while on approach to target.

I don't see my self using my tali all that much, as I am more on the industry side of things, but when a call to arms is made, I will be ready

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Retaliator sure is nice looking ship. Makes me wanna get one. Orion did not.

But... I dunno. Is there a valid use for a heavy bomber in space, bombing aside? Upkeep costs are probably huge. And the crew of 8... I don't have 7 friends, let alone 7 friends who would play SC. What is one supposed to do with it when not bombing stuff? Cargo space is not impressive so it's not a great hauler either. To afford this I would have to melt some ships and I would end up with like 350r and Aurora in addition to the would-be Retaliator.

I mean I want it, but do I need it? Do I want it more than Super duper Hornet, MIS and Delta? Not sure.
You don't need it. You don't need ANY of this stuff, really. It's all just a computer game. But you want it. Oh yes do you want it.

Practical uses? How's about blockade runner? Big engines, good shields and armor, decent cargo bay, and 5 turrets worth of "mind your business, copper" help keep those pesky feds out of your cargo hold, so you can go about delivering what you want to whoever will pay the most.

Exploration? Risky proposition, especially with all those pesky Vanduul and other menaces out there. But a Tali will keep you nice and safe, You don't even need all those turrets out there, so you can strip off the extras to put in jump scanners and other scientific doodads. Use some of the extra space in the vacant torpedo bay to carry all of your expedition gear as well as some extra fuel for those long, long journeys.

Oh dang, the enemy's not being dumb enough to feed their Idrises (Idri?) to your Retaliator's eagerly awaiting torpedoes? They're attacking with small fighters, you say? How about MOAR DAKKA? Load up on small flak-cannon type turrets, fill the torpedo bay with anti-fighter missiles, and go create debris clouds thick enough to waltz home on after you send their fly-boys running home to mommy.

No, you don't need a Retaliator. But you need it more than any other ship in the game.

(Please note: the above post is fueled by optimism, hope, and fan boy glee)

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
You don't need it. You don't need ANY of this stuff, really. It's all just a computer game. But you want it. Oh yes do you want it.

Practical uses? How's about blockade runner? Big engines, good shields and armor, decent cargo bay, and 5 turrets worth of "mind your business, copper" help keep those pesky feds out of your cargo hold, so you can go about delivering what you want to whoever will pay the most.

Exploration? Risky proposition, especially with all those pesky Vanduul and other menaces out there. But a Tali will keep you nice and safe, You don't even need all those turrets out there, so you can strip off the extras to put in jump scanners and other scientific doodads. Use some of the extra space in the vacant torpedo bay to carry all of your expedition gear as well as some extra fuel for those long, long journeys.

Oh dang, the enemy's not being dumb enough to feed their Idrises (Idri?) to your Retaliator's eagerly awaiting torpedoes? They're attacking with small fighters, you say? How about MOAR DAKKA? Load up on small flak-cannon type turrets, fill the torpedo bay with anti-fighter missiles, and go create debris clouds thick enough to waltz home on after you send their fly-boys running home to mommy.

No, you don't need a Retaliator. But you need it more than any other ship in the game.

(Please note: the above post is fueled by optimism, hope, and fan boy glee)
Ah, so the Retaliator is really THE most versatile ship in the game. I guess it could be a mini-carrier too, shooting P52:s from torpedo tubes? And I'm also interested in salvage-mining-hospital ship-combo I'm sure it could pull off.

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
Does this beauty come with or without torpedoes ? if all/some torpedoes are illegal are we going to get those for our TEST fleet?

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I think the one we are getting today will be the civilian one withe the cargo module instead of the missile bay. But we should get the option in the PU to switch it out when we feel like it - I may be wrong though.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
had to dig around for this, It popped up during the 2 year anniversary week long event when they put all the ships back up for sale

DOES THE RETALIATOR INCLUDE WEAPONS?

YES. We’re aware of a long-running discussion on the matter and would like to put it to rest right now. The version of the Retaliator available for pledge today (and previously) includes the bomb bay and defensive turrets. (The ship won’t include pre-stocked munitions in the bomb bay, it will be up to players to load their own ships in that regard!)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14324-Flying-Fortress-The-Aegis-Retaliator

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
had to dig around for this, It popped up during the 2 year anniversary week long event when they put all the ships back up for sale

DOES THE RETALIATOR INCLUDE WEAPONS?

YES. We’re aware of a long-running discussion on the matter and would like to put it to rest right now. The version of the Retaliator available for pledge today (and previously) includes the bomb bay and defensive turrets. (The ship won’t include pre-stocked munitions in the bomb bay, it will be up to players to load their own ships in that regard!)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14324-Flying-Fortress-The-Aegis-Retaliator

So it doesn't include weapons then? It just includes the area to store them in ;)

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
You can order a cargo rack at any reputable car dealership, but they aren't gonna load it up with awesome stuff for you, too.

Woodie

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2015
RSI Handle
CRUlSER
Just received a reply from CIG. They have just Un-melted my anniversary edition Retaliator (military variant) with the 2yr insurance.. super happy!! Bring on 1.1

Forgot your password?