RiceMaiden's Hangar of Ship Models

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was recently discussing ship models with another TESTie the other day *cough* @vahadar *cough* & I'm sure that if he saw these, his mind would go boom bigger than the best damn firework ever with his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. So if he happens across this thread, in case I missed him posting here before, he'd probably love to discuss these incredible works of hand made space ship art.

Reactions: vahadar

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
err... sorry it's currently a bookshelf. Sorry to disappoint.... and sorry to 56k users.

Montoya over on the Discord channel encouraged me to broaden my social outlets and got me back to the TEST forums. I've been a fan of SC for a couple years now. Mid last year I set out to make as many physical models of the SC ships as humanly possible (you know, without ruining friendships and causing strain to my girlfriend). As a result I've been please with where I've come over the last couple of months and look forward to seeing how many I can churn out this year.

One of my goals was to make models that were easy to assembly, large enough to impress, and not stupidly time consuming to make. While I've been into 3D printing for many years now, I picked up a 40W laser cutter last year to add to my collection. Using the two I settled on a 80/20% Laser cut wood/3D printed model style that I've been very pleased with.

For this current batch of models I've been sticking to a 1/64 scale (roughly 20m in-game = 12in real life). All of the model design files are free and in the past distributed the links on the RSI forums... if you'd like to build one just ask and I'll get you the files.

ANVIL F8 LIGHTNING

ESPERIA PROWLER

MUSTANG DELTA

Wow, extraordinary. Well done. Cromwell

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I was recently discussing ship models with another TESTie the other day *cough* @vahadar *cough* & I'm sure that if he saw these, his mind would go boom bigger than the best damn firework ever with his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. So if he happens across this thread, in case I missed him posting here before, he'd probably love to discuss these incredible works of hand made space ship art.
OMG

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME 😍

But on a serious note, a 3D printer is probably my next purchase once I'm done with the fleet ingame. So I can make it in RL hehehe, but that would need some real negociation with my soulmate, because it takes more space at home ^^
And I know that it is a no go for sure atm, when I already see all the shelves I have with my video games :/ I would need another room, which means another home, well :) some day ^^

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OMG

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME 😍

But on a serious note, a 3D printer is probably my next purchase once I'm done with the fleet ingame. So I can make it in RL hehehe, but that would need some real negociation with my soulmate, because it takes more space at home ^^
And I know that it is a no go for sure atm, when I already see all the shelves I have with my video games :/ I would need another room, which means another home, well :) some day ^^
You're welcome my friends & here's a thought, since your floor space is taken up, these are space ships, so you can do like some airplane model enthusiasts do & suspect them from the ceiling where room allows. Just a thought, even if that would cause your soulmate to feel that you've reached for the stars even further. hehe

• Glorious

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
You're welcome my friends & here's a thought, since your floor space is taken up, these are space ships, so you can do like some airplane model enthusiasts do & suspect them from the ceiling where room allows. Just a thought, even if that would cause your soulmate to feel that you've reached for the stars even further. hehe
Actually that is a great idea 🧠🍻 but for my son's room :) He is still too young so I'd need to wait a few 1-2 years before I can use such very valid argumentation hehe :)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Actually that is a great idea 🧠🍻 but for my son's room :) He is still too young so I'd need to wait a few 1-2 years before I can use such very valid argumentation hehe :)
That gives you plenty of time to come up with the printing plans for the various ships to bring your digital fleet into RL TESTification for your son's enjoyment.

• o7
Forgot your password?