Roadmap recap and my thoughts on the stupid helmets

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
@Montoya for the energy weapon discharge and recharge... well, the discharge is already in game: they pew pew...

For the recharg CIG already mentioned that armors and eventuaally weapons lockers will be able to recharge the weapons battery pack, even if at aslow rate, but I don't think this milestone is releated directly to weapons, more likely is for the refinery of the multitool: right now it has infinite battery capacity even if it does have a battery indicator on it, so is very likely that in the short term we'll see the introduction of a battery clip even of the multitool with the necessity to be changed overtime.
Considering that the multittool is going to be a really versatile item with mining, carry, cutting and even medical capability I can see it having some deeper gameplay, especially if you consider in-game career: a dedicated medic will likely need to have a backpack stock with both medical supply AND multitool battery and that means treading in space for weapons and other things... and that open ups a lot of player-to-player interactions with esport and priority target for snipers and enemy to take down during a fight...

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Star Citizen made a big left turn on these helmets. A game where everything feels hyper-realistic-sci-fi, and then .... these? Huh.

Reactions: Gotin

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Star Citizen made a big left turn on these helmets. A game where everything feels hyper-realistic-sci-fi, and then .... these? Huh.
Well I get your point, but sometimes some stupid thing in game is a nice touch... and this is not the first time they do that, remember the alien infected helmet, the Vanduul mask, the NERF pistol.... the hello kitty skin.... Maybe those where more subtle (ok, the skin not that much), but those are on the same line, what's important is that those item are not the majority of the style.

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
If they'd have got rid of the breather plumbing in front and enlarged the face plate a bit and given it traditional teeth I'd have been ok with it. As it stands now, it's a big bowl of meh.

Forgot your password?