Rock Raiders Is Now Official!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Rock Raiders Is Now Official!

"We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They destroy our explorers and we fall back. They disable entire TEST Fleets and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here, this far, no farther. And I.......I will mine them for what they've done."

-Black Sunder in TEST Squadron: Asteroid Contact

"But Sunder it is in an asteroid field and we cannot risk"
"Asteroids do not concern me Admiral, I want that derelict, not excuses"
"Yes Black Sunder"

- Scene from TEST Wars: The Squadron Strikes Back

We're Official!

Welcome to this Thursday September 24th. I am Black Sunder. It is with great joy that I announce that on Wednesday Montoya gave Rock Raiders the official go ahead. Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. Here we belong. Fighting to survive in a war with the largest asteroids. The official thread for Rock Raiders can be found here.

Rock Raiders is named after a particular Lego theme from 1999. Those of you that know me even a bit know I love Lego. It was a great theme that fits in really well here. Mining is mining no matter what game you play. We will go further though. Rock Raiders will also be salvaging ships for components and scrap as well as reclaiming ships for the glory of TEST. I won't try to tl;dr the official thread because it is so long except to say that RR will be very diverse in the roles available and be as self sufficient as possible with plenty of money making opportunities. MONEY!

Please go read the thread if you haven't already. I think I cover most bases with what we know about the game so far and explain many things apart from that. Any questions apart from that you can ask here or in the thread and I'll try to answer as best I can. I will strive to do the best I can to ensure our success as a Group of TEST.

Logo
Now where is the logo? V1.0 is in the thread above but is not the final one. I have asked Krystal to come up with something and he said he would. When I get something I like I'll post it up here and show everyone. It is being worked on right now so be patient. It will be very cool.

So Why Join?
  1. Crazy hijinks!
  2. FUN! No other Group will have as much fun as us. Narrowly skirting by an asteroid? Racing through a belt for the best minerals at reckless speed? Suspense and terror abound as pirates show up to jack us only for them to die horribly as several TEST capital ships show up randomly to party on their smoldering wrecks. Totally random I promise.
  3. We make Money! Lots and lots of MONEY! Participate and get Money!
  4. Contrary to Shive's claim, we, not his Group will crash the most. And we'll salvage our own wrecks afterwards for MORE MONEY!
  5. Diversity of roles in the Group and not being tied to a single aspect. Get a handle on everything and we all benefit. Want to transport one day? Awesome! Want to go find a new field for us? Awesome! Want to be on an Orion at the laser station today? Awesome! AWESOME! AWESOME!
"I want every Orion to sweep the asteroid field until it is barren"
"Black Sunder!"
"Yes Admiral what is it?
"Montoya wishes you to make contact with him"
"Move the ship out of the asteroid field so we can send a clear bank statement"

- Scene from TEST Wars: The Squadron Strikes Back

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
My 315p and (when applicable) my Herald are at your service. When you need help out in the fields I'll be there. If I run across anything on my own, I'll give you and the rest of the Rock Raiders first dibs ;)

EDIT: Should we start talking finders fees?

Reactions: Black Sunder

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
In terms of go juice, I'll keep you topped up. I always did like those sets, had the big vehicle with the drill on the side and the laser on top.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sweet! Congrats!
Thank you.

EDIT: Should we start talking finders fees?
My policy is to see what is found and then decide a %. Every find will be different and different yield to be had. If you find the Bengal though....Montoya will pay that fee.

In terms of go juice, I'll keep you topped up. I always did like those sets, had the big vehicle with the drill on the side and the laser on top.
Love me some good fuel. I had several of the sets myself but not the base or the large flying one.

Can't wait to put my Orion and Reclaimer to work!
We're happy to have you good sir.

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
Sadly I don't have any ships that would fit in this group (yet), but Sunder and I go way back and I can vouch for his ability to herd cats lead people to glorious death victory.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
When we get mini pu our groups should try playing with systems together. Or even some practice sessions, the explorers need to know how to do surveys and basic mining too :) will help us send you accurate information.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
When we get mini pu our groups should try playing with systems together. Or even some practice sessions, the explorers need to know how to do surveys and basic mining too :) will help us send you accurate information.
Couldn't agree more with @mromutt. These early testing phases are phenomenal for testing how it could work in the full version. Gives us a great hands on look at what works, what doesn't, and options to fix it.

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Couldn't agree more with @mromutt. These early testing phases are phenomenal for testing how it could work in the full version. Gives us a great hands on look at what works, what doesn't, and options to fix it.
Its also a great opportunity to get to know each other, its always nice to know the people you will be working with.

Reactions: PSIcoh

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sadly I don't have any ships that would fit in this group (yet), but Sunder and I go way back and I can vouch for his ability to herd cats lead people to glorious death victory.
I can herd cats it's true.

About the mini-PU, if it came out tomorrow or even a few months from now lets say, it wouldn't have anything our 2 Groups need to try out. It would be multicrew ships fighting each other and boarding. Maybe going to a planet or 2. I would be very impressed if they got the Freelancer DUR in at that point for testing some exploration.

eXplode

Commander
Donor
Sep 25, 2015
RSI Handle
eXplode
Could still get some good practice at blowing stuff up... asteroid or ship its all the same.

Cervos

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Cervos
If we ram Auroras into the rocks so they explode, can't we then mine the rocks AND salvage the Aurora. It would be, like, double profit right?

Last edited:
Reactions: RipVanDan

DiamondDogActual

Lieutenant
Sep 23, 2015
RSI Handle
DiamondDogActual
If we ram Auroras into the rocks so they explode, can't we then mine the rocks AND salvage the Aurora. It would be, like, double profit right?
It would be a bit inefficient, but if we made other people ram into the rocks then get all the stuff, now that's where the money is.

Forgot your password?