Rock Report Revival - Coming Soon

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Those of you that have followed Rock Raiders for a while may remember before the forum upgrade we had a Group forum which contained several Rock Reports(17 of them!), basically a newsletter for industry stuff about things going being developed for the game by CIG etc. Well They're coming back in 2019 and I hope to spit 12 of them out this year, one a month and more if I have cause. This weekend sometime the first one will be posted. Unfortunately the old ones are gone, though Seung could pull them if I REALLY needed them but we will rock on like always.

So to set the tone for this new batch of Rock Reports, if you have topics you want me to talk about in this first issue then please comment below. I'll take it under consideration through Wednesday. We're planning alot of events and scenarios for this year so keep an eye on this forum and Discord for that. And remember too, Salvage is coming.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
A topic I would love to see. How to make decent UEC/hour if you don’t have a load of secret and special rocks that only you know about. In general, how to making mining decently profitable hour after hour instead of a grind looking for one or two rocks.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
A topic I would love to see. How to make decent UEC/hour if you don’t have a load of secret and special rocks that only you know about. In general, how to making mining decently profitable hour after hour instead of a grind looking for one or two rocks.
This is a good topic. We can look into this further, but in very short summary: it is difficult to maintain a consistent UEC/hour right now primarily due to game crashes and inconsistancies when it comes to mining. But like I said, we can look into this and try to get a more profitable answer!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'll put it on the list.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't have any specific requests yet, but ground navigation is sometimes an issue. SC seems to be missing a coordinate system of any sort, even though there are transmitting landmarks on virtually every planet or moon. Doesn't make a ton of sense that humans wouldn't have developed a coordinate system of some sort 900 years from now... we had that a long time before we invented flight too.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just to add, there will be a Mining themed word find associated with this Rock Report that contains several words. The person who can find all of them will get a full set of subscriber red or purple armor donated by myself and @DirectorGunner upon posting the solved puzzle so be on the lookout for that Saturday.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Based on my travels in other forums and channels it would be in our interest to keep locations of valuable spots a bit hush hush as the game gets closer to release. There are a lot of other groups who are pretty keen on eating rocks.

This means there are a stack of weirdos out there.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?