RSI Celebrate the Holidays - aka Free Stuff Daily through 12/22

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
This was my highlight from the guide:

MERCHANTMAN

The Merchantman is a cross between a lumbering freighter and a trading platform in its own right. The prize possession of many Banu traders, Merchantman ships are unique, organiclooking transports that reliably move goods throughout the galaxy. Merchantman are typically protected by smaller Defender parasite fighters that tend to prevent pirates from hunting the Banu. Like the Xi’an Khartu-al, the Banu Merchantman was part of a 2013 Star Citizen stretch goal ($27 million), aiming to expand the game’s alien cultures. As with the Khartu-al, the Merchantman helped introduce and define the Banu race early on before copious amounts of additional lore were developed for the species. The initial concept artwork for the Merchantman was developed by Emmanuel Shiu in 2013. As of publication, the Merchantman is still in concept, with the newer but smaller Banu Defender leaping ahead of it to help define Banu materials and other elements that will be necessary to build out the larger, more complex merchant ship.

PERFORMANCE LENGTH: 160 meters MASS: 9,635,000 kg SEATS: 8 CARGO CAPACITY: 3,584 SCU

She's going to be a big beautiful monster trader!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I really hate that the Gemini on the brochure says it's M7A on the turret and 337s on the rear. The Gemini is supposed to have size 6 and 4s. They better get that shit straight cause if it's just heavier armor then there's no reason to have one.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I got the badge on day one, but don't know how I'd find the link.
Looks like someone has never had to delete their browsed pages history *cough*

Should be in your history, as you clicked the link it should be logged as a page visited. Some browsers let you search by day/date so that should make it easier if it has it :like:

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I really hate that the Gemini on the brochure says it's M7A on the turret and 337s on the rear. The Gemini is supposed to have size 6 and 4s. They better get that shit straight cause if it's just heavier armor then there's no reason to have one.
Its never had 6 and 4s.

Its always had 5s on the top, 4s on the side and 3s on the rear.

The standard has 4s on top 4s on the side and 2s on the rear.

Or they did the last time I bothered to fly either of those hunks of junk.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Its never had 6 and 4s.

Its always had 5s on the top, 4s on the side and 3s on the rear.

The standard has 4s on top 4s on the side and 2s on the rear.

Or they did the last time I bothered to fly either of those hunks of junk.
@wmk you're our Star-G frequent flyer, what's the setup supposed to be for the weapons on this thing? I thought it was 6 on top, 5 on the cheeks and 3's on it's ass?

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
@wmk you're our Star-G frequent flyer, what's the setup supposed to be for the weapons on this thing? I thought it was 6 on top, 5 on the cheeks and 3's on it's ass?
It looks like they have BUFFED the Starfarer from a size 4 on top to a size 5, as well as allowing 3s on the rear, rather than nerfing the Star G.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
They also have the Gemini listed as a Aegis ship (it's misc).. It's almost as if they rushed to put this jp together at the very last minute.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Theoretically, Gemini supposes to have all guns 1 size larger than the base variant. That loadout in brochure doesn't seem right, not only because it's completely different to the current loadout -- which has been changed completely around 2-3 major versions ago (see below) -- but also because it doesn't make sense... ; ) M7A on a turret...? -- M7A is a laser cannon; it has a long range, but it's too slow to be used in a turret, in my opinion.

As of 3.12, Gemini has energy weapons only (comparing to the ballistic loadout of the base variant), and has 4 x M6A pilot-controlled laser cannons (size 4), 2 x CF-557 laser repeaters on a turret (size 5), and 4 x CF-337s repeaters on rear turrets (size 3); plus 9 x size 3 Arrester III missiles.

Forgot your password?