Saitek x52 pro vs Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
Yeah, all modern fighter sticks kind of look very similar. Even the old CH ones did. However, the Buttons are much more comfortable than the ones on the Warthog (replica, so made to be used with gloves... :D ) and most importantly it has the better control opportunities on the throttle unit while offering dual throttles.
I'll probably get one myself for space stuff and keep the Warthog center mounted for simming.

Reactions: Neverded

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Yeah, all modern fighter sticks kind of look very similar. Even the old CH ones did. However, the Buttons are much more comfortable than the ones on the Warthog (replica, so made to be used with gloves... :D ) and most importantly it has the better control opportunities on the throttle unit while offering dual throttles.
I'll probably get one myself for space stuff and keep the Warthog center mounted for simming.
Similar, yes, but this is literally near identical. Try it yourself, google the sticks from an F-14, F-15, and F-16. The -14 and -15 sticks are closer to each other than the 16's stick, which is the same layout as the X55. It even has that weird pinky trigger and matching hat switches (with the exception of the bottom left hat, which is a slightly different shape).

References:
F-16: http://www.migman.com/eq/viper_pits.php
X55: http://store.madcatz.com/categories/pro-flight-category/Saitek-Pro-Flight-X-55-Rhino-H-O-T-A-S-System-for-PC.html

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy

Well, a weeks worth of research has culminated in a decision. My wallet is now lighter.

I considered the alternative sticks and pads...

I bought an X55, and I see what you mean about the resemblance to the falcon stick.

Morgan

Rear Admiral
Aug 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Morgann
I have been using the Logitech Extreme pro 3d since 2004 got it for swg jump to light speed I just now ordered a new one because it was getting loose and pulling to the right but I love these sticks the only way I would get a hotas is if i like the SC branded stick :)

Forgot your password?