SALE HYPE! What are your fleet plans?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have they said what the science aspect of the game is gonna be like in anyway. Cause I'm really liking the idea of getting the Endeavor Master set and going around sciencing all the things with Test next year
They did a video not so long ago where they prototyped science gameplay as being a little like the bored game Mastermind - can't for the life of me find it now though. Found it!:

Bear in mind thats just prototypeing and the Endevour will be able to do more than just analyze stuff, like OC'ing components, growing space plants, deep space telescoping, diving into the corona of stars etc it's still early days.

As far as my thoughts go, as most of the better inventions have been discovered by Accident - Microwave Ovens, Post-It-Notes etc, TEST should be on to a sure-fire winner with our "What does this button do?" approach to experimentation 🙂

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Have they said what the science aspect of the game is gonna be like in anyway. Cause I'm really liking the idea of getting the Endeavor Master set and going around sciencing all the things with Test next year
The Reliant Sen (the science version of the Reliant) is scheduled for 3.5, Q1 2019. I hope they also implement a bit of science to go with that. We'll have to wait and see.
I, for one, am hoping for any medical mechanics to come online.

Reactions: Deroth and O-Lefty

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
That sounds like just the sort of thing someone who doesn't think they'll exactly be an ace at combat would want to get into. I'm gonna start saving now for next year. Any idea how many Endeavors we have in the org?
In a poll we did some time ago about who owns what, out of 213 participants, 16 had Endeavors, so roughly 7.7% of the (safe to assume) active-on-the-forums TEST player base. I wouldn't worry about not finding an Endeavor to crew (or any other ship, for that matter).

Reactions: Deroth and O-Lefty

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
That does seem like a decent number, but I guess with not everyone playing at the same time and the different module configurations possible it might still be worth it to get one next year. we do have a lot of people who could potentially crew them if the interest was there for non-combatty stuff

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That does seem like a decent number, but I guess with not everyone playing at the same time and the different module configurations possible it might still be worth it to get one next year. we do have a lot of people who could potentially crew them if the interest was there for non-combatty stuff
It's definitely the way forward for non-combative players, i'd say.

Also check out the Q&A's on the Endeavor ( there are 3 ) the explorer cab is designed to dive into the corona of a star and is supposedly Very shielded and Very armored. The drive section is not, but that cabs going to be very survivable - if all else fails sit in the corona of that star or dive into a gas giant where no one else can get at you and wait for the Knights In Test Service (KITS) to turn up and see the trouble off.

Take the Q&A's with a pinch of salt, not all plans will see it to the game (the original cutlass is a case in point) but it seems to be a mighty ship if your intention is non-pew.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
They did a video not so long ago where they prototyped science gameplay as being a little like the bored game Mastermind - can't for the life of me find it now though. Found it!:

Bear in mind thats just prototypeing and the Endevour will be able to do more than just analyze stuff, like OC'ing components, growing space plants, deep space telescoping, diving into the corona of stars etc it's still early days.

As far as my thoughts go, as most of the better inventions have been discovered by Accident - Microwave Ovens, Post-It-Notes etc, TEST should be on to a sure-fire winner with our "What does this button do?" approach to experimentation 🙂
Thanks for all the Endeavor info! That video was informative...also, you inspired me...I wasn't going to melt my Endeavor modules with 60-month insurance just to get 72-months...but melting them all to get the MASTER set with LTI? It was tough, but seeing other people proverbially jump off the cliff enabled me to make the proverbial leap as well!

So, now I have a Master set! lol...

Originman

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
@Origin_man
fleetview (1).jpg

Rebuilt my Origin fleet, along with some friends.
The 315P is probably actually a 325A (I have the CCU, but haven't applied it since 325A is a loaner for the 890), and I have a Hull-B -> Mercury CCU which is just waiting to see which ship releases first.
That is an X1 between the cyclone-rn and the m50.

Reactions: Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
After experimenting for a few days with ground vehicles and looking at the roadmap, I melted the Dragonfly, and turned the Rover into a Stalker.
Nox Kue
Tumbril Cyclone
Avenger Titan
Avenger Stalker
Vanguard Sentinel (with Warden BUK)
Retaliator

The Stalker is temporary until I can put cells into my Titan. Then it is an LTI token to something like the Mercury.

Reactions: Deroth and supitza

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Well just remember there will be more new concept ships so plans are always temporary.
This is my greatest concern; I'm mostly happy with my current fleet (just one more CCU over the next couple months as finances permit), but no idea what the future holds...what if they add another ship that grabs my imagination like the Vulture did (that one pissed off the wife.)?

Reactions: Crymsan

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well Deroth in star citizen terms the Vulture is a small cost thank god you didn't go for a Kraken. I like and have a vulture to and no the wife has no idea how much I spent on it!

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@Crymsan, if I had the funds available at the time I probably would've gotten the Kraken...and one of my brothers would've inherited my account after my wife murdered me.

Forgot your password?