Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AstroSam, Mar 9, 2016.
1) Caffeine acts a stimulant to the nervous system, therefore it can make you feel more awake, help you think faster and more clearly and improve your co-ordination.
2) 120,000 tonnes of caffeine is consumed around the world every year.
3) Finland is the most caffeinated country in the world, where the average adult consumes 400mg or about four cups of coffee a day – that’s our recommended maximum daily limit according to the UK Food Standards Agency.
4) 93% of people at work in the UK drink at least one drink with caffeine in it a day.
5) A cup of instant coffee can contain about 100mg of caffeine while a cup of filtered coffee can contain about 140mg.
6) The average mug of tea can contain about 75mg of caffeine.
7) Even though tea contains more caffeine than coffee by dry weight, tea is usually brewed much weaker than coffee so a cup of tea contains less caffeine than a cup of coffee.
8) Some decaffeinated coffee does, despite what it says on the tin, contain caffeine. One study discovered that some brands of decaf coffee contained about 10mg of caffeine per cup.
9) A cup of green tea can contain about 25mg of caffeine, depending on the brand and how it’s brewed.
10) Cocoa has about 20mg of caffeine in an average cup.
11) Chocolate made from cocoa beans contains a small amount of caffeine. A typical 50g bar of milk chocolate can contain about 25mg of caffeine. A 50g bar of plain chocolate can contain up to 50mg of caffeine.
12) Caffeine is present in some fizzy drinks and energy drinks such as cola (40mg a can) and Red Bull (80mg a can).
13) Caffeine can be a weak diuretic (although this varies from person to person) – meaning that it could make you go to pee more, which can lead to mild dehydration. Caffeine’s diuretic effects seem to be less with those who drink lots of it.
14) If you drink lots of caffeine then be sure to help counteract any negative effects by also drinking plenty of water.
15) Drinking up to about three or four cups of instant coffee or a couple of cups of filtered coffee in a day (depending on how strong they are) shouldn’t cause most healthy adults any harm, but some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. Caffeine can cause a slight, temporary rise in heart rate and blood pressure and large doses (over three or four cups of coffee) can increase your stress levels and cause lapses in concentration.
16) On average, it takes about four to five hours for your body to eliminate 50% of the caffeine you consume. 75% of the caffeine will be gone after about eight to ten hours.
soooo, 3 - 4 cups of coffee is much....... ow shit, I'm in troubles
3 to 4 cups works for me.
I drunk a pot before lunch and then nap during afternoon classes
Perhaps you should try the other way round?
Drink a pot during afternoon classes and then nap before lunch?
Exactly. Thats the way I usually did it in Highschool
Coffee via IV. Life is good.
You having some days off...? I mean, which time is it? Somewhat 3 in the morning?
I have missed the morning coffee thread in my brief hiatus! It's nice to be back where 3-4 cups is the norm, not something that some folks say will be my demise.
Combination of heavy work load and some health issues with my Dad have kept me away and not flying. My Dad is 91 and has significant COPD issues that have finally caught up with him. I'm spending alot of time with him and my Mom right now. But finally have gotten the Testie forums back into my routine! Thanks for the IV coffee supply @Blind Owl !!
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Graptor. I'm glad to hear that he has a son who's willing to take the time to help him and Mom out. Kudos to you. Don't worry about absences, we'll cover for ya. It's been quiet in the verse. Everyone is waiting for 3.0 to drop.
Oh, and you're most welcome for the IV. My pleasure.
Naw, it's 10:30 am here. I'm out and about. Days off start this Friday. 3.5 weeks of family and sunshine. And of Destiny 2 Beta. Woohoo.
I have no Idea what COPD or IV is. But I understood that your dad is very ill and you are caring about him. Thats very nice and nowadays not a really common thing. As @Blind Owl wrote before: kudos to you. And all the best wishes. As for Star Citizen: release of 3.0 is end of August at the earliest. Nothing will happen until then. Or perhaps even until November. Who knows the way of CR..?
And now: coffee.
COPD: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a lung disease that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
IV: Intravenous (IV) means "within vein". Intravenous therapy is the infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein.
It'll get here when it gets here. *shrug* Until then . . .ummmm, what until then? Haha
Beer. Whiskey. Coffee.
Ah, thanks a lot for explaining that for me. Uh, that really does not very good then, especially for a 91 years old man :(
And no, I'd imagine it isn't good at all.