RSI Handle
BlindOwl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nooo. I never update BIOSs unless there is a specific fix for a specific problem I am suffering. That's really bad luck did you have a powercut?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Nooo. I never update BIOSs unless there is a specific fix for a specific problem I am suffering. That's really bad luck did you have a powercut?
The PC sometimes crashes, it just freezes, sound also does. Looked like a good reason to update the BIOS. Especially when HP pushed it.
Now it froze while verifying the erase. Had to cut the power. Pushing the power button 5+ seconds didn't reboot it :(.
After that not even a little bit of movement.
I removed everything, even graphics card because the damn battery in underneath it. No luck, i removed memory, not even a beep. It is completely dead.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oow shit, my PC crashed during a BIOS update. It's now completely dead, even the vents don't work anymore :(
Nothing helped, no reset, no battery removal... nothing at all.
That's gonna be sending it back to HP :(
Brutal. Sorry to hear that brother. Good thing you're going on vacation right away, to soothe the hole created by not having a system to play on.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
The PC sometimes crashes, it just freezes, sound also does. Looked like a good reason to update the BIOS. Especially when HP pushed it.
Now it froze while verifying the erase. Had to cut the power. Pushing the power button 5+ seconds didn't reboot it :(.
After that not even a little bit of movement.
I removed everything, even graphics card because the damn battery in underneath it. No luck, i removed memory, not even a beep. It is completely dead.
Bummer news. Here's hoping you get a solution that is not too costly.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Bummer news. Here's hoping you get a solution that is not too costly
It still has waranty, but I think that a BIOS upgrade isn't covered, even when they pushed it themselves. I also hope that it won't cost too much. For the second time in my life I choose to not build my PC myself to prevent this kind of problems and it backfires :p. Thanks

Sent it to HP for repair while you're away
It is Saturday, HP doesn't work on Saturday ;). I already tried to contact support, ticket, but even the ticketing system doesn't work at Saturday. After I entered the serial and model I got a notice that Ihave waranty until January 28th 2016 and that I must try again during business hours. End off story. All my effort to get everything important in the ticket, only a few characters left (4 or 5) in vain :confused:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It still has waranty, but I think that a BIOS upgrade isn't covered, even when they pushed it themselves. I also hope that it won't cost too much. For the second time in my life I choose to not build my PC myself to prevent this kind of problems and it backfires :p. Thanks

It is Saturday, HP doesn't work on Saturday ;). I already tried to contact support, ticket, but even the ticketing system doesn't work at Saturday. After I entered the serial and model I got a notice that Ihave waranty until January 28th 2016 and that I must try again during business hours. End off story. All my effort to get everything important in the ticket, only a few characters left (4 or 5) in vain :confused:
Shit. In really sorry to hear that my friend. That's horrible. I hope a solution presents itself sooner rather than later.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@marcsand2 Ouch, thats a bad one.
  • take a look into your Mainboard handbook. Is there something written of a CMOS reset? Sometimes you simply have to set a jumper from "A" to "B"
  • Somestimes, the mainboard comes with a CD with integrated bios files; just boot the computer with the CD.
  • Google for "bios rescue" and "autoexec.bat". Sometimes there are possibilities to write a small autoexec.bat, copy it onto an USB-stick and thus rescue your bios
Hopefully that some of these hints work out for you :)

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
take a look into your Mainboard handbook. Is there something written of a CMOS reset? Sometimes you simply have to set a jumper from "A" to "B"
HP doesn't has a manual anymore. But still, found the jumpers, removed the battery, no result. Done that before trying to contact support ;)

Somestimes, the mainboard comes with a CD with integrated bios files; just boot the computer with the CD.
Google for "bios rescue" and "autoexec.bat". Sometimes there are possibilities to write a small autoexec.bat, copy it onto an USB-stick and thus rescue your bios
It is completely bricked, even the vents don't start up. Not the slightest reaction, absolutely dead :confused:

My only option right now would be a dead PSU. Its possible, I just don't have any lying arround ;). I killed a few PSUs in my career :D

But thanks for the options.

Forgot your password?