SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
G'morning from good ol' Germany, dear TESTers. Since it isn't all about beer and alcohol and due to the fact I'd like to make myself comfortable in this forum I am taking the liberty to open the first coffee bar here on testsquadron.com

Please feel free to order coffee, Cappuccino, Espresso or Latte Machiatto...did I mention, that "Latte" in german language is kind of one synonym for a mans erection? I always have some repressions ordering a Latte...anyway, for sure you can have sum Rum in your coffee which then is called "Pharisäer" which is a pretty nice northern German story, too; and tea. Don't like it pretty much except for stinging nettle tea.

Well, it is 9:30 a.m., the sun is shining at 0°C degrees and it seems to become a wonderful day - apart from the fact that I am sitting in the office and have some work to do...or to act as if. Most efficient weapon to let all think that you are busy: rushing through the corridors, best case with some paper work in your hands, and make a full stop at the coffee kitchen. Often you can catch up a colleague and talk about "major business issues" or anything of such crap. Only crux of this strategy: if you are *seriously* in a rush because of lots and lots to do, such colleagues who only want to have a coffee break by using you as an alibi are...at least in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So what is this all about? To put it as simplest: nothing. Just smalltalk, chit-chat and a thread for giving relief to a working day with you guy (because discord in the office...nah, I think that wouldn't work out for long, and nevertheless: I like my job, really!)

Coffee - anyone? ;)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Burning the midnight oil here (4AM). I would like to order a extra-strong Green Tea. Just going over some of the concepts for an exam coming up in a few hours.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Jeez, had that - but 4am?? When is the deadline?

I dunno: "strong" green tea comes always with a bitter taste. I suggest, you make 2 litres of green tea - the water has to be between 70 and 80°C! :)

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
A Pharisäer please!
and a Mocca!
With more rum!
Rum me up!
It's my birthday!
I want to be wired and drunk! I want people to say "Who's that guy running through the hallway holding onto paperwork and yelling woo, while not wearing pants?"
and I'll stop and spin and say "THIS GUY!"
Great coffee and great rum together has to be one of the best things ever, nothing can bother me when I have those to hand! :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
It's a columbian coffee, had some when I was at a friend's coffee shop in Lancaster, a little pricey though :)

Edit: found it on their website - https://www.thecoffeehopper.com/product/292/colombian-granja-la-esperanza-mokka-peque-o.htm
Ah, okay - never heard of, but sounds good :) My favorite coffee, as to say: espresso is made - guess what? - at my home :D I own a Faema Amica II which is a quite pretty italien machine, and a solid one, too:

I make my espresso by using illy dark roast and Volvic water. Tastes like very dark chocolate!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
A Pharisäer please!
and a Mocca!
With more rum!
Rum me up!
It's my birthday!
I want to be wired and drunk! I want people to say "Who's that guy running through the hallway holding onto paperwork and yelling woo, while not wearing pants?"
and I'll stop and spin and say "THIS GUY!"
Okay, you would like some coffee in your rum? I suggest you should wish yourself as a birthday present an Overproof 73 % Vol Black Label (production cancelled in 2005 :confused:)

And: happy birthday, mate, and all the best!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Jeez, had that - but 4am?? When is the deadline?

I dunno: "strong" green tea comes always with a bitter taste. I suggest, you make 2 litres of green tea - the water has to be between 70 and 80°C! :)
Yes that magical 80C! Another trick is to use a French press to filter the tea leaves. Works supremely well. T minus 4 hours for exam for me :D

Forgot your password?