SC community freak out over warbond perks (video)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You understand, none of us have anything like the information to know if CIG is managing it's money correctly, and even if we had that sort of information, we would all have different notions of what "correctly" is. It's a fools game to even ask the question. Instead, try to fathom the complexity of the task Chris has, and enjoy that he has produced such an abundance of service to others though what are only tiny bits of the games to come. Asking what you would do in his place, when you can't even imagine how multifaceted and complex his job is, really won't ever lead to any useful thoughts on the subject.
Sage wisdom. Well said.
Thats almost Zen, dude. Kudos.
Amen to that

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
It really is important to remember that no one is really buying ships. They're supporting a game. There is no contract to deliver any ship at any given time. The ship is merely a benefit of early support and needs to be viewed that way to make any sense at all.

You understand, none of us have anything like the information to know if CIG is managing it's money correctly, and even if we had that sort of information, we would all have different notions of what "correctly" is. It's a fools game to even ask the question. Instead, try to fathom the complexity of the task Chris has, and enjoy that he has produced such an abundance of service to others though what are only tiny bits of the games to come. Asking what you would do in his place, when you can't even imagine how multifaceted and complex his job is, really won't ever lead to any useful thoughts on the subject.
I said "IF"... Chris Roberts is a "Business Man" and as a business man he takes risks, and how he manages the risks is his business. This is "his" company that offers some sort of goods and/or services... no matter, if it is software or T-Shirts. He is selling to a consumer base that has an appetite for what he is producing. As long as people feel there is value then people will continue to spend $400 on something that does not exist yet. This is business 101... I'd expect Chris wants to make a lot of money and at the end of the day... if his business model is correct, he'll be rich... if not, then we all bought snake oil... with the risk of knowing up front, there is that possibility. My suggestion, is that you look at it rationally and not trigger over someone questioning your belief system.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My suggestion, is that you look at it rationally and not trigger over someone questioning your belief system.
Them's fightin' words. You're sure you want to talk to a real philosopher that way?

I don't have anything at risk. I haven't paid for the game, don't have time to play, and don't have a machine that could handle it if i did. I am involved here because it looks like the best game I have ever seen merely imagined and I want to play in the future so in the meantime, I'm thrilled just to hang with the peeps here and make friends. Why would you bring up my "belief system"? Are you challenging the reliability of my noetic faculties? Really? And are you an epistemological foundationalist or coherentist that you would pretend this is germane?

This is a GAME, Got it?

Forgot your password?