SC Valentines Day Sale

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As @188Octane points out, I stand corrected. It seems that where CIG use to post the prices of ships that were eligible to purchase on their SHIPS search banner when you scroll over it, they have taken that down. My mistake.

Reactions: 188Octane

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
sigh I went ahead and bought it, along with the red 85X 😵 I don't need the damn thing, but I'm a big fan of the WWII style nose art.
Agreed; I'd love to see some pin-up nose art for other ships too (like my Sabres...)

I too bought one; figured it wouldn't hurt to have arguably the better version of the SH in my hangar just in case.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
They (Cyclone RC & 85x) look like the regular editions to me; they aren't named any differently (the packs are, the items within are not differently named). Also, they did not come with any LTI options. Pretty sure they are just regular versions.

Last edited:
  • o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While the RC & the 85x do have "Valentine's Day 2019" in their product name, I believe that they have the regular color scheme since both versions already had some red in their paint. Perhaps we'll find out more in 1 youtube vid from CIG on Friday if it wasn't mentioned today (Thursday). Personally, I don't honor or recognize V-day as anything more than VD. For those of you that do, enjoy.

Reactions: Phantomoftruth

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
HORNET, yes.
...SUPER HORNET, no.

**edit - I think all the hornet variants are regularly available, just not the F7C-M Super Hornet.
You are correct except for the Wildfire varient with the posh turret. There's always something in this game haha.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I decided to purchase a ship upgrade from a Prospector to a Heartseeker because you can now always purchase the Prospector & in time I can get something small, to upgrade chain upgrade it to the HS. I'm honestly hoping that CIG will release more low priced ships that would be in my fixed budget range.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
The V-Day Cyclone is confirmed different. It says so in the description that its cherry red. Its basically the one shown at the beginning of the ATV video (even though that was fan made, its going be similar looking, maybe just slightly darker shade of red). Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for the 85 to be normal. Also if you blow up the pic it looks like its red tinted on top which would look really sexy if it is.

"Or maybe you’re looking for a more down-to-earth relationship. In that case, race at the speed of love in a cherry red Cyclone RC."

Attachments

Last edited:
  • o7

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
That red tint on the 85x's stock picture has always been there. I remember seeing that way back and wondering why it looked red. Here's a pic from a post in 2016 I found. Looks red there too.

• o7

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I've got a F7C to super hornet upgrade sitting in my hangar, now I'm thinking about getting the heartseeker, but I only have one hornet. We get one when we finish SQ42 right? Will we still be able to apply upgrades then?
You may be able to unlock the F8 in SQ42, but you'll still need to buy it I think. Without unlocking it you can't buy it, and it is designed to be the most formidable fighter in game.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You may be able to unlock the F8 in SQ42, but you'll still need to buy it I think. Without unlocking it you can't buy it, and it is designed to be the most formidable fighter in game.
Exactly, so donate $10k into the development of SC so that you can have a free F8 when it's released into the game.

Forgot your password?