Selling Account for Surgery

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I posted a response to this on the subreddit. Basically CIG is really good at refunds if you word it properly.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Thanks everyone.

It's a fundoplication. Basically, my gut is broken. Most likely from downing pints like that old man on "The Man Show" from years ago.

I'm also selling a gen 4 glock 19, about 300 rounds of 9mm, and a 2000 Hyundai Elantra that's been sitting in my driveway since my wife bought her new jeep. The glock would need to be sold thru an FFL, of course.

Shit man, when it comes to gut issues, I know all about that. How much do you want for the glock and where exactly are you located at? I'm always looking for more rifles and pistols.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Sorry to hear about that man, I have been pondering about selling my account as well, then buy back in later at a lower pledge level.
( plan on buying a chunk of land/clearing it/ dig a well/sewer then new home that will be in a area that is not wireless internet at 1.5mb)

You can try for a refund, but I already did a well worded request awhile back and it looks like the are stone walling all refunds, no doubt they got too many at once.

screen shot another person posted on their refund request

http://s14.postimg.org/m9608ebo1/Capture.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I vote for the go fund me option. Who knows how to set one up? Let's get this rolling, post a thread/link, and get our boy helped out.

Come on boys and girls, we can all afford 5-20 bucks. Even if only a few hundred of the 8000 chip in, it's still a huge boon to a fellow TESTie.

Let's not make him ask. I vote we just do.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I second, third, and thousandth the go fund me option.

If I had the funds to help out I'd buy it all and sell it back when you can afford it. That being said, it's been said already that not a lot of us can afford to spend THAT much money but, a LOT of us can afford to spare some money.

The Internet is pretty amazing when it wants to be. Individually people can be real shitwads but, the Internet as a whole can be real supportive.

If one isn't started for you by end of the weekend I will see to it that one is by one of us by end of next week.

Reactions: mromutt

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I vote for the go fund me option. Who knows how to set one up? Let's get this rolling, post a thread/link, and get our boy helped out.

Come on boys and girls, we can all afford 5-20 bucks. Even if only a few hundred of the 8000 chip in, it's still a huge boon to a fellow TESTie.

Let's not make him ask. I vote we just do.
Well, it's true that he doesn't have to ask, but I would want to know that he is accepting of donations first. Sometimes people can hold strong opinions about such things (not that I'm trying to speak on JustJake's behalf here or anything, but I wouldn't want to presume too much).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, it's true that he doesn't have to ask, but I would want to know that he is accepting of donations first. Sometimes people can hold strong opinions about such things (not that I'm trying to speak on JustJake's behalf here or anything, but I wouldn't want to presume too much).
True fact. @Just Jake, if we do this, will you accept our assistance?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Also, as I'm playing around with GoFundMe, making sure that I can do this across borders for a beneficiary, it occurs to me that we should have a goal. I'd PM you, but the goal will be visible to anyone who donates, so I don't see the point.

Lemme know man.
Cheers.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
That's the down side of capitalism. Ce'st la vie.
It has nothing to do with capitalism. It has to do with government-mandated monopoly.

Competition is the cornerstone of capitalism. Lots of competition means great products at great prices. Monopoly means shit products at very high prices but Congress is too stupid to fix it.

Anyway OP, good luck. I grew up without any health insurance at all, we just couldn't afford it, and it did suck when the hospital couldn't be avoided. I wish you the best. :)

Last edited:

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Even if he doesn't accept donations we could still use the go fund me for the org to buy his stuff off of him and then donate his stuff back......or one of many other options. There's some details that would need to be figured out in there somewhere for that plan to completely work if he truely doesn't want donations.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Most of us can't afford to buy your account but a lot of us can throw $5 $10 at a go fund me without a second thought (like a LOT of us), its worth at least kicking the idea around!
I only donate to go fund me's if they're connected to main facebook accounts and such.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
As selling my account is a shitty option, I feel that asking for money after demonstrating such fiscal irresponsibility would be wrong.
I don't think any of us see backing SC as financially irresponsible. And besides, medical shit popping up is not something you plan in the budget.

Your account is a bit too much for me but I'd do a bit on a GoFundMe. I think we all would.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Shit man, when it comes to gut issues, I know all about that. How much do you want for the glock and where exactly are you located at? I'm always looking for more rifles and pistols.
I'm in Arkansas right now. I'm asking $450 for the glock. It has the box, 3 mags, additional grips for sizing, and a left handed safari land paddle holster. It's coyote brown, which isn't for everyone, but I liked it. I've only fired 50-75 rounds thru it in the last 3 years I've owned it, and I bought it brand new.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
True fact. @Just Jake, if we do this, will you accept our assistance?
I really do appreciate all of the support, but please let me try and work thru this by my own means before setting up a donation on my behalf. I'm really not that bad off, I'm just trying to mitigate the debt that I'm going to accrue before-hand. I'll eventually be able to get another account/more ships.

However, if you really want to donate to a cause, you can choose Down Syndrome. (My son has it) That'd be money bette spent, rather than on my poor life choices. Lol

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
@Just Jake I like your style. Well done.

I will indeed donate to a Down Syndrome charity, just for you. Do you have any good recommendations?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I really do appreciate all of the support, but please let me try and work thru this by my own means before setting up a donation on my behalf. I'm really not that bad off, I'm just trying to mitigate the debt that I'm going to accrue before-hand. I'll eventually be able to get another account/more ships.

However, if you really want to donate to a cause, you can choose Down Syndrome. (My son has it) That'd be money bette spent, rather than on my poor life choices. Lol
Roger that. I can respect that. And I totally understand poor life choices. That was my twenties. ;)

I second Xist. I'll seek out a down syndrome charity at your behest. Cheers brother, and keep your stick on the ice. Keep us posted.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Damn, that is rought to hear about. I hope everything will be alright. Like many others have said, we're here for you, and when you're ready to get back in the verse, we'll have a Aurora warmed up and a cold beer waiting for you.

Forgot your password?