Server/Progress Resets

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I know the thinking is to avoid resets as much as possible going forward so Alpha players can make some meaningful progress, however I noticed a kind backer handing out two billion UEC to all comers while I was playing yesterday, due to a bug with his account freezing their account UEC meaning it became a bottomless money pit.

I think it may be a little too early in Alpha to be giving the impression that there will be fewer resets going forward as they have no idea what game breaking glitches there are going to be. As each new mechanic comes in the potential for bugs like these is just as high... I appreciate the sentiment that perhaps there will not be a reset every patch but it seems a little optimistic.

...unless individual account resets are going to be a thing, but how would they find out about bugs that benefit players by being exploits?

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
From the last SC_Live the main difference is that befoure they HAVE to perform a clean wipe of the DB, now they choose to do that, olso they, from what I've understand, they can now do a partial wipe, like reset all the aUAC or only the ships, or the missions, etc...

They also need the persistance beteween pathces for a the economy balance purpose: if they plan to balance the price and the econoomy for a think to be able to be purcchase in 6 monts (for the everage player) they need the ability for that player to keep the earn form patch to patch.
Since now they has been able to balance only the short term economy, like smal ship compponents, armour, weapon and so on, but they need to move on to other thing sooner or later.

In 3.8 I feel there are too many bugs for hope for some form of persistance but starting form 3.9 it could start to be a thing.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
From the last SC_Live the main difference is that befoure they HAVE to perform a clean wipe of the DB, now they choose to do that, olso they, from what I've understand, they can now do a partial wipe, like reset all the aUAC or only the ships, or the missions, etc...

They also need the persistance beteween pathces for a the economy balance purpose: if they plan to balance the price and the econoomy for a think to be able to be purcchase in 6 monts (for the everage player) they need the ability for that player to keep the earn form patch to patch.
Since now they has been able to balance only the short term economy, like smal ship compponents, armour, weapon and so on, but they need to move on to other thing sooner or later.

In 3.8 I feel there are too many bugs for hope for some form of persistance but starting form 3.9 it could start to be a thing.
Many thanks for the additional details, very interesting to hear a reset can be targeted to a certain feature now :)

I'll expect a UEC wipe soon, there are at least 7 new billionaires from what i saw yesterday.

Reactions: Deroth

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Yeah they said that they knew about some credit dupe exploits that existed and that they would have to wipe to fix that. The same guy or another with the same issue was on the other night, so I decided to join the ranks of Star Citizen 3.8 Billionaires. I should take a screen-shot and set that as my goal for when the game goes life. haha

• Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah they said that they knew about some credit dupe exploits that existed and that they would have to wipe to fix that. The same guy or another with the same issue was on the other night, so I decided to join the ranks of Star Citizen 3.8 Billionaires. I should take a screen-shot and set that as my goal for when the game goes life. haha
I resisted the urge to get me some billions. Instead I made 12k UEC over the course of three trade trips...grief what was I thinking?

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I took part of a 7v7 Capture the Hammerhead event the other night and a guy was handing out millions. The event was fun, the money was irrelevant. I still do the same missions I did before prize pool earnings. I don't feel bad for it either, since I lost over 400k from trying to successfully make money via renting a prospector, only to have it constantly disappear along with my upgraded Helix lasers.

As far as wipes go ... I expect many more prior to actual launch, regardless if they have the ability to persist data through a major update.

Forgot your password?