Seung is back and Korea and made us a nice video about the military!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Boot camp these days is a joke but I understand why they have made it easier as people commiting suicide these days in bootcamp has gone way up. what is wrong with this current generation toughen up and learn to take it no reason to take your life for something so minor.

SneakyPete

Captain
Donor
Feb 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Wolfpack9
@Blind Owl

It was an alternating event for us. One year it would be the Engineer Qualification Tables. The next year would be the SLC . It was tough On my third SLC I blew out a knee and ruptured a disc. No more SLC for me. Just EQT's. I found it awesome that my first unit was a Light Engineer Batt and my Retiring unit was a Engineer Bde.

I worked with you guys at KAF great bunch you are. Would do it again no questions. Your CSM there at KAF was a hell of a guy. He waited until the last of you were on a plane out and didn't get on a flight until he heard that you guys landed out of country. And that was Christmas Eve for him. We were right behind him in another C17.

You guys were really nice and left the Tim Hortons there for Us I still have a nice patch from AFG I used to wear it for the laffs. I will make it my avatar.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl

It was an alternating event for us. One year it would be the Engineer Qualification Tables. The next year would be the SLC . It was tough On my third SLC I blew out a knee and ruptured a disc. No more SLC for me. Just EQT's. I found it awesome that my first unit was a Light Engineer Batt and my Retiring unit was a Engineer Bde.

I worked with you guys at KAF great bunch you are. Would do it again no questions. Your CSM there at KAF was a hell of a guy. He waited until the last of you were on a plane out and didn't get on a flight until he heard that you guys landed out of country. And that was Christmas Eve for him. We were right behind him in another C17.

You guys were really nice and left the Tim Hortons there for Us I still have a nice patch from AFG I used to wear it for the laffs. I will make it my avatar.
Damn man. That's...that's awesome. I appreciate ever word of that. Thanks for that.

What roto are you talking, when the CSM stayed behind? Was that the farewell tour for the Canucks? If so, those were my boys pulling out that year: Christmas 2011. I never did make it overseas. I was always in the wrong squadron at the wrong time. Its a dogfight in Canada to get tours. Dunno if that's a blessing or a curse. At the time it felt like a curse, but now, a few years later, with a family and such, I'm not so sure.

SneakyPete

Captain
Donor
Feb 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Wolfpack9
Yes it was your farewell tour. A month before I had two gators show up at your main motor pool and we off loaded a crap ton of Batteries and comm cables as well as other things you all needed so you could get the Equipment up and ready. We were both on the same NATO ISAF.
I wouldn't wish that roto on anyone. Some tough SOB's went in country and they came out tougher. All hell broke loose two months after our RIF
Route Bear wasn't so sunshine and blossoms any more.

It was my Bde and Batt that got the joy of doing RCP and PSD on Bear/Monkey/Nike/Miller Lite and Jhalawar. You guys were some cool customers. I retired before our next rotation went in.

Edited to add...
At the time we didn't know it was your farewell/final tour. It was a really nice feeling to get on that plane and Di Di Mao on out of that place.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yes it was your farewell tour. A month before I had two gators show up at your main motor pool and we off loaded a crap ton of Batteries and comm cables as well as other things you all needed so you could get the Equipment up and ready. We were both on the same NATO ISAF.
I wouldn't wish that roto on anyone. Some tough SOB's went in country and they came out tougher. All hell broke loose two months after our RIF
Route Bear wasn't so sunshine and blossoms any more.

It was my Bde and Batt that got the joy of doing RCP and PSD on Bear/Monkey/Nike/Miller Lite and Jhalawar. You guys were some cool customers. I retired before our next rotation went in.

Edited to add...
At the time we didn't know it was your farewell/final tour. It was a really nice feeling to get on that plane and Di Di Mao on out of that place.
Yeah man, the work you boys did on Bear was known. Even to us lads back in Canada.

I can't say as I know that GTFO feeling, not having been there myself. But I have nothing but mad respect for you lads that went and came. Kudos to each and every one of you.

Reactions: SneakyPete
Forgot your password?